Occasional Contributor

H fashion is ok gonna stick with my Issac ! What is with this new model? Monica? She walks like she's about to fall out and some of her facial expressions make it seem as if she is in pain ! Just not impressed with her ....maybe others will help her step up her game ! 

Trusted Contributor

Halston Heritage is not part of the Q brand.  As a matter of fact Halston was sold back in the 80's.  Its had many owners including Playtex, Beatrix Foods and several other.  Investmant companies buy the Brand Names and try bringing them back to life again.  When they become successful, they sell them and make tons of money or if they are doing poorly, they sell them.   Such is the case with Liz Caliborne, Jones of NY and many others out there.  As consumers, we walk into a department store and think we are buying the same brands we have been wearing for years but thats not the case most of the time.

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Sheesh is spot on ... other than the name, this current Q line has nothing to do with the original house ... even the line now at NM is called Halston Heritage, which began in 2009, and I suspect is not a part of this Q brand.   But, if you like what you see ... then what's in a name?

Completely agree with this.  I don't think anyone here believes this is the Halston couture line from the 1980s.  Everything has changed in the ready to wear industry since then.  But it is nice to see QVC diversifying some.  They used to carry many lines, really cut down to a few core offerings that were limited in range, and now seem to be trying to bring on new names. It doesn't detract for me that I don't love every piece.  It is just fun to see some new stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@SoX wrote:

Sheesh is spot on ... other than the name, this current Q line has nothing to do with the original house ... even the line now at NM is called Halston Heritage, which began in 2009, and I suspect is not a part of this Q brand.   But, if you like what you see ... then what's in a name?

Completely agree with this.  I don't think anyone here believes this is the Halston couture line from the 1980s.  Everything has changed in the ready to wear industry since then.  But it is nice to see QVC diversifying some.  They used to carry many lines, really cut down to a few core offerings that were limited in range, and now seem to be trying to bring on new names. It doesn't detract for me that I don't love every piece.  It is just fun to see some new stuff. 

I would think not but some posters seem to think they are delivering some big news flash to others about it.  LOL

I don't really give a flying fig about a name.  I buy what I like, what I can afford and what looks good on me.   

Honored Contributor

I needed a pair of plain gray suede flats and saw there is one offered in this line.  I could not care less about the brand.  I watched the video and liked what I saw for the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Halston.....Anyone?

[ Edited ]

It's like Isaac Mizrahi.  Other than giving his name to it for a huge amount of green backs, it has nothing to do with him.  He comes in and looks it over as he and Shawnie Sue or whomever else hawks it, but if you notice, you can tell he has never seen it before.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday Given the numerous articles of clothing under the Isaac label, I am always surprised how knowledgeable he seems to be about the line.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Halston.....Anyone?

[ Edited ]

Anyone who is as familiar with fashion, design, color and able to read and write, can walk in 30 minutes before the show and have completed the scenario ahead.  I can do that with roses in a garden of 100 old garden roses based on a number of factors, just from eyeballing and smelling but it would be difficult for Mr. Halston to do that as he is no longer breathing.  Given our ability to email and network nowadays, it is much easier than it would be with roses.  All photos of the items are previously emailed to Isaac, the color, the description and he walks in 30 minutes ahead of time and voila, he's the expert!

Respected Contributor

I actually just realized that a pair of lace up flat boots I bought many years ago are H by Halston. So I've bought from this line. They were on sale and are very good quality. 

I just don't buy clothes at the Q. Especially now with the new S/H policy there is a less of a chance that I will. I'm having order and item issues with the main category I shop which is jewelry so I don't want to press my luck. This is the first year I'd had so many returns due to items being defective or issues with sizing. 

I did notice though that the prices for many of their items are lower than for Gili or about the same. This reiterates how overly expensive Gili is. I'd rather pay those prices for true designer items. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Do be honest, never heard of him.  The name brand did sound kind of familiar.  I purhased three pieces (one on wait list)  Anyway, I liked what I saw.