Respected Contributor

@vac wrote:

@islandgrrl, thanks so much for the size info!  Sounds like we have the same bust issues.  I have usually worn a small in most Q clothing, but sized up to a petite medium on this for the very reason you mentioned.  Mine is out for delivery, and I'm hoping it shows up early so I can order the petite small if necessary.  Again, appreciate your help!

My pleasure, @vac.  After seeing how the duster fit the models last night (all of whom said the were wearing their regular size) I don't regret the decision to go up. But if I bought a second I would stay with my regular size. Sometimes you want that wiggle room and sometimes you want a slimmer fit. 

Respected Contributor

@winamac1

Not that I'm trying to talk you into a purchase (promise I'm not) but I'm 5'7" and it doesn't feel overwhelming or too long when you're wearing it. Of course you have to like the style in the first place...

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@vac wrote:

@islandgrrl, thanks so much for the size info!  Sounds like we have the same bust issues.  I have usually worn a small in most Q clothing, but sized up to a petite medium on this for the very reason you mentioned.  Mine is out for delivery, and I'm hoping it shows up early so I can order the petite small if necessary.  Again, appreciate your help!

My pleasure, @vac.  After seeing how the duster fit the models last night (all of whom said the were wearing their regular size) I don't regret the decision to go up. But if I bought a second I would stay with my regular size. Sometimes you want that wiggle room and sometimes you want a slimmer fit. 

@islandgrrl, yes, I'm starting to think the bigger size I ordered will be just fine, and as you said, the larger size might be what I need if I want to wear it as a dress.  Can't wait to get it today!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see anything so  special about this cardigan. It would be too long for me even in the petite. I will take a pass on this item. 

Esteemed Contributor

You should wander over to the Halston thread in Today's Special Value forum. Sheesh, the negativity! And all from those who haven't purchased. The reviews on this duster are fab. I like my granite so much I came back for the teal, but did go down to XXS since we finally get to see the click here sizing today and that indicates the size I would have ordered the granite in if available at order time. No big deal, love my granite!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

love this style! i had seen it in the insider early and was tempted to order it then, but it was hot out and i waited until i could see it on some of the models. i ended up going UP a size instead of sticking with my regular size. i was worried mostly about the hip area because i am curvy and i didnt want it pulling in that area. i bought the teal in the large, but i am so tempted to get the black also. i dont think i would wear it as a dress.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack I have come to believe that in the case of fashion there are posters on these boards who enjoy conversations about style and creating different looks -- then there are those whose enjoyment comes from critique. The latter group used to perplex me (why always be negative?) but I no longer give it a second thought. 

Trusted Contributor

The TSV looks like a stretched-out bathrobe. Unflattering, way too long, and the fabric looked CHEAP and was very thin. It really didn't look good on the majority of the models. It didn't look good on AMY. The price is also RIDICULOUS.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two of this cardigan and love it but I will say that the styling so far has been terrible and not done the sweater any favors. (And, in my experience, people need to know to size up in this garment as it's snug across the bust.)

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

Has anyone seen this item modeled on a plus sized model, such as Jess, dark-haired Maria or even Jackie??  They are only showing it on the tall thin models or that cute petitel model who is on the thinner side.  I can't tell how it would look on a pear-shaped plus size.  The material looks thin and I'm not sure it would work for me.

Thanks

WinterGirl~