Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl, would you mind saying which size you purchased?  Mine should be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday, but I'd like to get a better idea about size just in case I want to get another color.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

If you remember Halston, then you must remember that he did a licensing deal with JCPenney's in 1983 and sold Halston Clothing, Accessories and Perfume there!  I guess that answers your question about what he would do---he already did! The deal damaged his reputation and was a disaster!  I saw a documentary about it last year.  His high end clients dropped him as well as high end retailers. He lost the use of his name---tried to buy it back, but failed. He died in 1990.

And why his name has more or less lost it's cachet for over 30 years....  Woman Frustrated

I rather liked what I saw as far as QVC's Halston line up.....  but am pretty done with fly away sweaters no matter the length (coming up TSV).....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wonder if there will be any "new" iitems for the TSV shows. These shoes are posted. Look nice for the fall/winter season. Diggin the block heel that seems to be trending.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl, love those burgundy shoes.  I can't seem to get enough of that color this season.  I just wish they hadn't done the heel with suede.  I know I'd ruin those heels pretty quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl my advance order Halston duster (in black) is showing 'in process' right now so I don't think any have been shipped yet. I'm really looking forward to it.  Also, I have received the scoop neck top you have on waitlist (in black) and like it so much that I have ordered the gray.

@islandgrrl & anyone else that preordered the Halston TSV, please post a review. Sizing? Quality? Fabric & design? I will prob wait to order when it's presented at midnight but would love to read some review info. Thanks!!!

@Chi-town girl

Thanks for asking about this duster.  I think @MaggieMack and I both posted about it somewhere but who knows where? I'll give my thoughts and hopefully Maggie and others will join in.  First off, I love it.  Love the length, the feel of the fabric, and the cut.  On me it is a little roomy but not a shapeless fit.  An unexpected treat is that the duster can be worn as a dress with a cami or tank underneath.  It is really cute that way but certainly works as an open duster too.  I see getting lots of wear out it because of that dual possibility.  I am typically a 10/12 medium -- carrying my weight in my bust and belly -- I am narrow through the hips and thighs.  I believe Maggie is very slender so together we aren't the best reps for how this will fit on a pear shape -- thought I'd throw that in as info.

VERY happy I bought this.  I got black but really love the way the gray looks.  I'm going to try to be good and not get two since I don't yet know how it wears over time.  Hope that helps!

@islandgrrl@Chi-town girl@, @anyone-else, haha. Yes, I did post on some thread somewhere about the duster, which I purchased in gray since that is a duster color I didn't have. I ordered XS, prob could get by with XXS, I'm 5'7" 120#. Arrives all buttoned up so I just slipped over my head like a dress. Looked cute that way (needs a Cami), then I unbuttoned it line a traditional duster. Love it that way! Color is pretty, fabric is soft and yummy. Def a keeper. Wish there were more colors 'cause I already have the other ones they offer in other brands. Go for it! Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl@islandgrrl, and anyone else: Yes, I did post somewhere on some thread about the duster. Love it! Ordered in the granite since I don't have a duster in the grays. Came buttoned up so I slipped it on like a dress, looked cute that way (with a Cami). Unbuttoned as a flyaway and love it even more that way. Super soft and yummy. Got an XS, could have used an XXS, 5'7" 120#, large on top, narrow hips. Love this duster! Just do it!

PS: I also got the scoop neck top in the wine in XS. Love it, too!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Chi-town girl@islandgrrl, and anyone else: Yes, I did post somewhere on some thread about the duster. Love it! Ordered in the granite since I don't have a duster in the grays. Came buttoned up so I slipped it on like a dress, looked cute that way (with a Cami). Unbuttoned as a flyaway and love it even more that way. Super soft and yummy. Got an XS, could have used an XXS, 5'7" 120#, large on top, narrow hips. Love this duster! Just do it!

PS: I also got the scoop neck top in the wine in XS. Love it, too!

@MaggieMack-thx for posting! The Granite/gray duster is coming home to me. That Halston cranberry/wine tone is so nice. With all the highly rated/positive reviews for that swing top, they should reorder it & in more colors! The blush will look great with my heathered gray leggings-excited to get both of my Halston purchases Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@vac  

My apologies! I thought I mentioned that I sized up to a large -- I meant to say that -- it is an important piece of fit information.  As mentioned I have broad shoulders and am on the busty side (D/DD) my normal 10/12 medium is very consistent in pants but sometimes a medium button down shirt or sweater can pull across my chest.  I dislike not being able to easily button a top so I went up.

While that is what I did, I could have/probably should have gone with the medium, therefore my advice is to stay with your normal size.

But because I went up, I can easily, easily button it all the way up and wear it as a dress.  I'm sure I could have done that with the medium too but now I can layer more than a cami underneath.

But again, I would stick with your usual size...this is not a tight fitting duster. And as Maggie said, she could have gone down a size to XXS if they offered it.

HTH!

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl, thanks so much for the size info!  Sounds like we have the same bust issues.  I have usually worn a small in most Q clothing, but sized up to a petite medium on this for the very reason you mentioned.  Mine is out for delivery, and I'm hoping it shows up early so I can order the petite small if necessary.  Again, appreciate your help!

Honored Contributor

I think the TSV looks very nice.  I like the pink and blue.  That being said....it's REALLY long.  I'm five 8, and I think the models are five 8 and taller.  It looks even too long on them. I think I'm passing just due to the length.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"