Super Contributor

Re: Halston...Not interested

Wow,OP,   what an attitude! The Q offers merchandise in all price points.............. if you don't find what you like or can afford there are many other choices..........JCP, Sears, Kmart, Walmart ................... Happy Shopping!!!

Valued Contributor

Hello!

I am awaiting for the "reviews" on any Halston item, even a simple belt ....  the costs of "returns" ($10) cause me to be more cautious @anniebethsmom :-]

Trusted Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

Wow,OP,   what an attitude! The Q offers merchandise in all price points.............. if you don't find what you like or can afford there are many other choices..........JCP, Sears, Kmart, Walmart ................... Happy Shopping!!!

Attitude?  She was asking about measurements.

Trusted Contributor

@vac wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

Attitude?  She was asking about measurements.

If you were not referring to the original poster, my apologies.  "OP" stands for original poster around here.

Esteemed Contributor

You would be very surprised in fact, a lot of designers have a "down" line.  It is difficult to make a living just selling couture clothes to only a few.   Calvin Klein was one of those designers of the 70s who only did runway shows but he eventually commerciaized a line of clothing under his name.  Many others come to mind.  Maybe Halston himself would not approve.  Even Valentino has a down line from his coutour line as does Chloe (See By Chloe)

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl my advance order Halston duster (in black) is showing 'in process' right now so I don't think any have been shipped yet. I'm really looking forward to it.  Also, I have received the scoop neck top you have on waitlist (in black) and like it so much that I have ordered the gray.

@islandgrrl & anyone else that preordered the Halston TSV, please post a review. Sizing? Quality? Fabric & design? I will prob wait to order when it's presented at midnight but would love to read some review info. Thanks!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl my advance order Halston duster (in black) is showing 'in process' right now so I don't think any have been shipped yet. I'm really looking forward to it.  Also, I have received the scoop neck top you have on waitlist (in black) and like it so much that I have ordered the gray.

@islandgrrl & anyone else that preordered the Halston TSV, please post a review. Sizing? Quality? Fabric & design? I will prob wait to order when it's presented at midnight but would love to read some review info. Thanks!!!

@Chi-town girl

Thanks for asking about this duster.  I think @MaggieMack and I both posted about it somewhere but who knows where? I'll give my thoughts and hopefully Maggie and others will join in.  First off, I love it.  Love the length, the feel of the fabric, and the cut.  On me it is a little roomy but not a shapeless fit.  An unexpected treat is that the duster can be worn as a dress with a cami or tank underneath.  It is really cute that way but certainly works as an open duster too.  I see getting lots of wear out it because of that dual possibility.  I am typically a 10/12 medium -- carrying my weight in my bust and belly -- I am narrow through the hips and thighs.  I believe Maggie is very slender so together we aren't the best reps for how this will fit on a pear shape -- thought I'd throw that in as info.

VERY happy I bought this.  I got black but really love the way the gray looks.  I'm going to try to be good and not get two since I don't yet know how it wears over time.  Hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl

Thanks for asking about this duster.  I think @MaggieMack and I both posted about it somewhere but who knows where? I'll give my thoughts and hopefully Maggie and others will join in.  First off, I love it.  Love the length, the feel of the fabric, and the cut.  On me it is a little roomy but not a shapeless fit.  An unexpected treat is that the duster can be worn as a dress with a cami or tank underneath.  It is really cute that way but certainly works as an open duster too.  I see getting lots of wear out it because of that dual possibility.  I am typically a 10/12 medium -- carrying my weight in my bust and belly -- I am narrow through the hips and thighs.  I believe Maggie is very slender so together we aren't the best reps for how this will fit on a pear shape -- thought I'd throw that in as info.

VERY happy I bought this.  I got black but really love the way the gray looks.  I'm going to try to be good and not get two since I don't yet know how it wears over time.  Hope that helps!

@islandgrrl-thanks so much for your quick response & details.

Love the idea to wear it as a knit dress. It would look chic like that with opaque tights & booties or knee high boots.  

I am only buying 1! The "dilemma" over color choice, lol. I have so much black & other dark neutrals, the gray tone of this duster is very appealing.

Woo-hoo!!! I just checked my order status---my waitlist order is now "in process"  for the very popular scoop neck long sleeve top in the pretty blush color. Reviews are very positive! Maybe they have brought in more inventory. Great price too!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl You will love the scoopneck top.  It is a perfect basic.  I have it in black and gray (not the best shade of gray for my dark olive complexion but it certainly works). I'm guessing I'll eventually give in to the cranberry color -- next to black my favorite color to wear.

I am very confident you will love the duster too!

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl You will love the scoopneck top.  It is a perfect basic.  I have it in black and gray (not the best shade of gray for my dark olive complexion but it certainly works). I'm guessing I'll eventually give in to the cranberry color -- next to black my favorite color to wear.

I am very confident you will love the duster too!

@islandgrrl -I hope they restock the top. I too want the cranberry color!