Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

Exactly my thoughts. Halston is no longer Halston.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl my advance order Halston duster (in black) is showing 'in process' right now so I don't think any have been shipped yet. I'm really looking forward to it.  Also, I have received the scoop neck top you have on waitlist (in black) and like it so much that I have ordered the gray.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl my advance order Halston duster (in black) is showing 'in process' right now so I don't think any have been shipped yet. I'm really looking forward to it.  Also, I have received the scoop neck top you have on waitlist (in black) and like it so much that I have ordered the gray.

@islandgrrl-thx for the review of the top. On the model, the sleeves look really long-are they longer than the average top? If the blush doesnt clear from waitlist, I will get another color. It looks great!

And equally good news about the TSV being in process. I hope you can post a review before the TSV date. I think I'm going to buy the gray.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl I had not noticed the sleeves in the photo.  They do look long there, don't they?  I just put the top on to see how it fits in real life.  I am 5' 7" so my arms might be a little longer than the average bear.  I would describe the sleeves full length: on me they cover my wrists and stop where my hands begin.  Does that make sense?  There is nothing sloppy about them.  If you hadn't pointed out the photo I wouldn't have given the sleeves a second thought.  They are very 'normal'.

I struggled with the duster color -- gray or black.  I went with black for practical reasons.  I hope to receive it before the TSV day so that I can order gray if I love it.  The price point is very reasonable if the quality is there.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl I had not noticed the sleeves in the photo.  They do look long there, don't they?  I just put the top on to see how it fits in real life.  I am 5' 7" so my arms might be a little longer than the average bear.  I would describe the sleeves full length: on me they cover my wrists and stop where my hands begin.  Does that make sense?  There is nothing sloppy about them.  If you hadn't pointed out the photo I wouldn't have given the sleeves a second thought.  They are very 'normal'.

I struggled with the duster color -- gray or black.  I went with black for practical reasons.  I hope to receive it before the TSV day so that I can order gray if I love it.  The price point is very reasonable if the quality is there.

Thanks for checking the sleeve length @islandgrrl. It looks odd in the photo but Q's website photos are not the best representation, lol.

I keep going back & forth on the duster color - black or gray. Do agree the black will be more versatile but I like the tone of the gray. Also like the blush--it would look great with denim,  or over leggings, pants, skirts in gray, brown, black and the popular deep red/wine tones, very chic! I will look for your review post-hope you love it.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I too liked that duster dress in the photo.  I have one from one of the better designers who was here a few years ago and it was not as attractive on me as I would have liked.  Perhaps I am too short for it.  Island Girl or Chi-Town Girl, let me know what you think on receipt and give your height if you do not mind, S'IL VOUS PLAIT.

Respected Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

I too liked that duster dress in the photo.  I have one from one of the better designers who was here a few years ago and it was not as attractive on me as I would have liked.  Perhaps I am too short for it.  Island Girl or Chi-Town Girl, let me know what you think on receipt and give your height if you do not mind, S'IL VOUS PLAIT.

Will do @Nonametoday.  And just FYI I am 5' 7" and typically a size medium.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

just tell me how do you know that items are emailed to Isaac and he shows up 30 minutes before his shows?  Do you work behind the scenes at the Q or are you somehow connected to Isaac?  

i really could care less who owns what line, if I like it, I buy it.  I love Isaac's cardigans and have many and he is extremely knowledgable about everything he presents.  I bought 2 items from the Halston line because I  liked what I saw and was happy and it was refreshing to see a new line on the Q.  Of course, I could never believe that it was the original Halston line but I must say that Mr. Silver was quite impressive and very pleasant to watch.  

Sorry but I really dislike when posters come on these forums making statements like they have all this inside information and know everything and think they're impressing others with their stories.

Honored Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

Exactly my thoughts. Halston is no longer Halston.

He was the first Designer to do Mass Market, so I think so, even though he was villified for it. 

I think they all want to sell to as many people as they can.  It is a completely different business now.  (I am excluding the companies at the very top from this)

Occasional Contributor

Re: Halston...Not interested

Halston? Really? Who is running QVC these days? News flash-middle to low income women MADE QVC. Who are you targeting now? ALL QVC prices are way out of line. I can go to any department store and find brand and designer names on sale or clearance at 50-70% off any day of the week. I don't have to pay your exorbetant shipping costs on top of that.. If I do retuirn, I am paying TWICE for shipping. QVC is getting rich milking the American public. You totally have forgotten the V part of your logo name. I am fed up. NO, Hallston has NOTING I need!