Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Once I saw the clothes on air (as opposed to just scanning the photos), they came to life and I ordered the "bone" draped blouse with the knit back and sleeves.  

I loved the look of the jumpsuit.  And I also liked the colors chosen for the line.  Not too many, but enough to be useful, classy, and interesting.

@SHIRAZ, Did you see the items in your Shiraz color?  Just wondering.

Also wondering if one of these days you might start a new thread on wine.

LOL @GingerPeach  I DO like the color.  I will have to be on the lookout for it.  So far there hasn't been a piece that has called to me - not in my price point anyway!  But I will keep watching as the line shows promise.  Time will tell.  As to the wine thread, I will definitely give it some thought.  Which forum do you think would be the best home for it?
                                            wine-smiley.png

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

I watched a little of it.  I always loved Halston's ultrasuede.  I ordered the OTO faux suede coat in the granite. 

Valued Contributor

It does make me laugh how the hosts are going overboard gushing about "Halston" now at QVC. Just trying to get the crowd riled up. Ummm Hello... this is NOT the high-end designer Halston labels like the hosts are making it out to be. It's merely a line made just for QVC and dumbed down obviously. 

To me, this line looks just like Isaac Mizrahi but with more expensive price points to make one think they're stepping it up in quality. 

Give it a couple of months and Halston will have a weekly show like Isaac does. 

Not impressed in the least. 

Honored Contributor

I wasn't at all impressed.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

The belt looks like a rubber hose in that photo!

or a catheter- eeeeew!

Trusted Contributor

I have been enjjoying the Halston shows.  I am glad that QVC introduced this brand and the rep did such a good job.  He was down to earth too.  The clothes are beautiful and I liked that they were classic pieces and such nice colors too.  Looking forward to seeing more of these shows.  People keep requesting for new fashions and QVC came through on this one.

Miata 1

Super Contributor

I have received a few of his items already and I am so happy with the quality. I ordered any pieces from his show and I hope the suede coat is as nice in person as it was on tv.

i think the new Halston line for qvc will be a huge success based on the few pieces I have recieved  so far.

Honored Contributor

Talk about a blast from the past.  Halston was big when I was in my teens if I remember correctly.  I think he was a regular at the Studio 54 in NY.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@PattiJ wrote:

I have received a few of his items already and I am so happy with the quality. I ordered any pieces from his show and I hope the suede coat is as nice in person as it was on tv.

i think the new Halston line for qvc will be a huge success based on the few pieces I have recieved  so far.

@Leland-appreciate your/others early purchase reviews. Haven't had the chance to watch the shows but did see a few segments. The vendor seems great on air & I like the fabric, design elements. To me it seems like one of the best new fashion lines at Q, with decent price points!

I like what I see & have place a waitlist order for this top in the blush color. A good price point of 35. Hope my waitlist order is fulfilled!

Will be picking up the upcoming TSV-leaning towards the gray but I also want the black. Have any advance orders shipped yet? Anyone receive it???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Re: Halston.....Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I like this style -- very fresh with an updated 70s vibe-- especially as it's shown belted on the model. A lightweight sweater dress, with the option to wear it unbelted as a casual topper. Noticed that it did come in petites -- but the length measurements in the Petite and Regular sizes were, as of today, identical -- well over 40" for the XXS which is too long for my 5'4" frame.I also noticed that it looked rather see-through in some of the product pix. The styles I like in H Halston have either quickly sold out or are on Waitlist for my size. So ... we'll see.