Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Do be honest, never heard of him.  The name brand did sound kind of familiar.  I purhased three pieces (one on wait list)  Anyway, I liked what I saw.

Seriously, you never heard of Halston?

Regular Contributor

I casually watched this morning while puttering.  I agree I thought the styles very unflattering especially on the larger models.  Don't like the shirt half tucked look.  To me it looks like you pulled up your pants in a hurry.  Certainly a not pulled together look.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ginirn wrote:

I casually watched this morning while puttering.  I agree I thought the styles very unflattering especially on the larger models.  Don't like the shirt half tucked look.  To me it looks like you pulled up your pants in a hurry.  Certainly a not pulled together look.  

Different strokes. It was actually the half-tucked look on the show last night that convinced me to buy the half-tucked sweater and jogger pants. Love that look, wear it often. To me, there is something subtly sexy about it, not the haphazardness that some see. The pants will prob be too short for me, but I'm sure I can find SOMEthing in my closet to go with the sweater. Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I like the line...of course one doesn't expect the couture line of Halston as he is gone but Cameron Silver is refreshing and dresses the best of them.  I think the merchandise reflects much of the simple, clean type of elegance that Halston made famous.  Of course, the fabrics are different and made so that people can afford them and I think that is the marketing idea.  I purchased a few things.  I particularly loved the lemon color blocked sweater and the ruched boots....as far as tucking your top halfway, just personal preference.  It looked great on Stacey and Jackie, IMHO.  Silver is respected and a nice addition. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope H stays resembling Halston, unlike Liz C, who Linda has Qverized Liz C to the Q customer, which bears less and less resemblance to Liz C. I'm just happy to see a NEW and interesting designer. We are not all Logo lovers. Cameron's collection makes Logo look "peculiar."

Respected Contributor

Halston gave us Halstonettes,  Ultrasuede and designer uniforms for Braniff flight attendants.  He licensed his name in 1983 to JC Penney for a line of fashions labeled Halston III. i used to get W and WWD subscriptions at the time and recall the print vitriol John Fairchild spewed over Halston! Career suicide.  Many higher end retailers, Bergdorf Goodman,  dropped him. Nowadays this would not bat an eyelash; over 30 years ago licensing to a mid-priced retailer was a major 7th Ave faux pas

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Pierre Cardin was the first to licence his name...it was a huge gamble

Then Givenchy, Halston, YSL, Blassport, sitting right in the same department with Anne Klein and Calvin Klein.....wow..can't believe I have been in the business THAT long....

Ultra suede was huge!!

His minamilist look has always appeared somewhere in some designers collection....Calvin Klein took his look and made it into sportware.....

Valued Contributor

Just hearing "Halston" sounds dated and old to me. Reminds me of Dynasty era look, a la Joan Collins.  Ugh.  I thought the prices were high, and alot of the stuff, just the same as other lines on Q.  Wide-leg pants with elastic waist that looked identical to George Simonton and Bob Mackie....and funny, but when they are on those above mentioned shows, so many say theyre for old ladies....now, I guess if it's "halston" they aren't.

Honored Contributor

Once I saw the clothes on air (as opposed to just scanning the photos), they came to life and I ordered the "bone" draped blouse with the knit back and sleeves.  

I loved the look of the jumpsuit.  And I also liked the colors chosen for the line.  Not too many, but enough to be useful, classy, and interesting.

@SHIRAZ, Did you see the items in your Shiraz color?  Just wondering.

Also wondering if one of these days you might start a new thread on wine.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I like the belts!  They are also reasonable