Respected Contributor

NM has been clearing out the Halston products on the 2 hour lunchtime specials for the last 2 months or so.  

Right now, I won't be "trying" anything.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Halston.....Anyone?

[ Edited ]

nothing special....big oversized sweaters to cover everything up. Most items over priced....what us new?

Honored Contributor

The belt looks like a rubber hose in that photo!

Trusted Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

This is not the Halston that you remember.  This line at QVC has nothing to do with the high end Halston.  This is a line owned by the inventment company "XCel Brands" who bought Isaac's line, Judith Ripka, Laura Geller and they have a 40% intrest in LCNY.  They using their own designers and manufacturers.  Your buying the name but it nothing to do with the couture Halston.  if Halston were alive, he would never have a line on QVC.

100% agree.

Trusted Contributor

@june22 wrote:

nothing special....big oversized sweaters to cover everything up. What us new?

Same old, same old.

Respected Contributor

I noticed most of the tops are rayon. Rayon tends to be really thin and flimsy. The scoopneck reviews are mixed. Some said it was really thin, and others said it was substantial. Which is it? I kind of like the dolman top, but it's not a good deal if the material is thin and flimsy.

I liked the jogger pants but noticed those are rayon too, and most of the reviews say they are super thin. There is a polyester jogger that seems like it would be more substantial.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree.  Perfect personality and knowledge of the product.

Honored Contributor

Avon is a Halston company.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember HALSTON from the 1970's and how he was a hot designer.  He made clothing for the ladies of influence and run way type models.  It was the age of less is more and you had to be thin.  I liked that about the 70's. 

I just can't imagine him ever designing for the XL on up.  He wouldn't have done it.  Whomever bought his name/co. is doing the production of clothing for the masses and it just won't ever be the same.  It's unfortunate he's passed on but I wonder if he would have even considered selling on the Q were he alive today. 

If you remember Halston, then you must remember that he did a licensing deal with JCPenney's in 1983 and sold Halston Clothing, Accessories and Perfume there!  I guess that answers your question about what he would do---he already did! The deal damaged his reputation and was a disaster!  I saw a documentary about it last year.  His high end clients dropped him as well as high end retailers. He lost the use of his name---tried to buy it back, but failed. He died in 1990.

Sheesh is spot on ... other than the name, this current Q line has nothing to do with the original house ... even the line now at NM is called Halston Heritage, which began in 2009, and I suspect is not a part of this Q brand.   But, if you like what you see ... then what's in a name?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another over-priced "special care" line made in CHINA.

YUCK.  Many items not flattering on the models. Jill needs to take it down several notches. Too much gushing.