Respected Contributor

I see lots of the models and hosts with their tops, blouses, sweaters, etc with the hems half in the waistline of pants/skirt/etc, and half hanging out.  I know it has been around for a while, but where did this trend come from, it looks sloppy, unkempt and like you dressed too fast or in the dark....  I even see men with their shirts half in, half out!

Honored Contributor

I think it looks great depending on the person and the clothing...and, yes, it could be a disaster!

Honored Contributor

I think it's supposed to look cool but its been done so many years ago and so often, to me it just looks like, Oh, I'll do this and look cool,

and it just looks like trying too hard to keep up with the trend at the moment.

So yes to me it also looks sloppy.

At one time and on some, I liked it.

Brenda the model does it well but then again, she does everything well!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I agree with @phoenixbrd. It can look good or not so good. I think it looks best with a thinner top or tee. When I see a sweater or bulky top half tucked it looks strange. I have tried it myself, but only in front of my mirror at home. I just can’t get it to look right on me, 

Respected Contributor

Re: Half in, half out!

[ Edited ]

I’ve recently started doing a half tuck. It looks good with the right tops. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I just love it. I am petite and allows me to wear a larger assortment of tops that would other wise be too long. It works well for me.

Honored Contributor

As most fads this too shall pass.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I think it's supposed to look cool but its been done so many years ago and so often, to me it just looks like, Oh, I'll do this and look cool,

and it just looks like trying too hard to keep up with the trend at the moment.

So yes to me it also looks sloppy.

At one time and on some, I liked it.

Brenda the model does it well but then again, she does everything well!

I'm like Brenda.  I do it well, too.

Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Instead of the half tuck, I do the front tuck (tuck the entire front in loosely and let the back kind of hang out) basically because I’m petite and most shirts are just too long on me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Half in, half out!

[ Edited ]

(whoops-don't know how posted twice)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"