Respected Contributor

I hate it!  I like the "knot."

Honored Contributor

Re: Half in, half out!

[ Edited ]

The reason for jeans anyway is that that rise became high.  It looks better for a top to be tucked in or at least semi tuck.  It's been that way I guess for the past 3 years or so.  I wear all of my tops tucked in with jeans and even slacks.  I even purchased belts. Something I never bothered with when the rise was lower.  

If you look at all the models now, the top is tucked in.  At least for jeans.  Rare if ever they are shown with a top covering the jeans.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I can't do it.  I'm too much a perfectionist; the slouch has to be right or it doesn't have that "devil may care" look and then the whole purpose is defeated, for me.

@Sweetbay magnolia, we must be sisters! I've posted the exact same thing when this topic has discussed before.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Instead of the half tuck, I do the front tuck (tuck the entire front in loosely and let the back kind of hang out) basically because I’m petite and most shirts are just too long on me.  

@itsmagic 

I do too sometimes. And I'm sure that's where it started with all the excessively long shirts

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of my elderly grandpa who would try to get ready putting on his clothes and got tired and gave up after he had the shirt tucked half way in

and just let it go.

Maybe these folks run out of energy and just figure it looks good enough

got tired of making the effort.

Honored Contributor

I do it all the time.  As a not terribly tall, rather hight waisted person, it works for me.  I can't do a full tuck, but a half tuck with the front bloused a little looks good on me.

I'm liking the shorter look; I'm kind of tunic-ed out.

Occasional Contributor
I may be totally off base, but for some reason I think I saw somewhere that it may have started with men doing a partial tuck-in above their belt. It would eliminate the belt looking big/bulky under a sweater, etc. I have gotten holes is knit tops just from the metal button on my jeans.
Esteemed Contributor
If done right with the right top it looks great and I do it often . It's edgy
Honored Contributor

It could be that a photographer thought up this look but I really don't know.  It looks good in pictures and if you have the figure to rock it, go ahead.  It's not a look that should be worn everyday IMO.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I feel like the half tuck has been discussed on this board numerous times.  Overall, I’d say the older ones don’t like it, the younger ones do.