Honored Contributor

Interesting sweater.  It's an all natural fabric. 50% Cashmere and 50% Silk.  On sale for $173.60.  I own one silk top and it's pretty fragile.  I have to baby it all the time.   This is from J. Brand

Trusted Contributor

Re: Half Cashmere, half silk

Nice top, but cashmere makes me itch like crazy.

Respected Contributor

perhaps before your time but silk fashions could be found at all price points. I own many silk suits, jackets, blouses and sweaters of silk; depending on the weave silk is durable and easily laundered.  Pale colors - blush, cream, white and ivory silk can yellow. 

Esteemed Contributor

Silk and cashmere??   Too high maintenance for me!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@songbird

Do you have recommendations for organic cotton clothing company websites? 

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

perhaps before your time but silk fashions could be found at all price points. I own many silk suits, jackets, blouses and sweaters of silk; depending on the weave silk is durable and easily laundered.  Pale colors - blush, cream, white and ivory silk can yellow. 

I only have one top per silk experience.  You HAVE to iron it.  After one wearing, you wash (I washed it by hand) and iron it.  It also wrinkles very easily.  It's  comfortable, breathable and came to you  by people  who's job it is to take the poor little worms who are boiled alive after making  the silk thread from cocoons.  No wonder vegans don't wear silk.  Although some cultures eat the worms after their boiled.   And silk is really beautiful.  It saturates color the way cotton does.  The one think about artificial fabric.  The colors are never as vibrant as they are from natural fabrics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird

Do you have recommendations for organic cotton clothing company websites? 

I don't know many off hand.  I'm not familiar with organic, natural fabrics.  I have heard of Pact.   Just google Pact or Wearpact. Every piece of clothes are 100% organic cotton.  I can't give the website, because Q will take it down.

Respected Contributor

Too bad about the iron... Good silk should not wrinkle much while wearing.  After laundering, the garment should still have some body.   Would much prefer to iron silk over rayon.

Washed silk - aka Sandwashed silk,  is great, it has a relaxed fit and soft hand. Hang to dry on the shower rod. Maybe a touch up on the collar and cuffs.  Was used with the relaxed silhouette back in late 80s-90s. I had a quilted  baseball jacket and 2 gorgeous silk Anoraks from a mall store.  wish i'd kept them! 

my .o2 : don't ever dump your good  leathers and investment pieces.

Honored Contributor

Sigh, I miss natural fibers!

Anyone remember ‘Precious Fibers’?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

That's really pretty!

But I don't have 175 bucks to blow on a high maintenance sweater.

Cat Sad