Honored Contributor

Just ordered a dress on sale (HSN).  My first Hal Rubenstein purchase.  It's a 3/4 sleeve, jewel-neck in plum ponte knit.  So pretty.

Hope it fits and that I love it!

I think his designs are so flattering.

Honored Contributor

I bought one of his pieces on clearance a while back. He does some nice things!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hal Rubenstein

[ Edited ]

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Yes, he does some nice things. Kind of reminds me of Louis in a way, he has attention to detail. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hal Rubenstein

[ Edited ]

I have a few of his things and like them all.  When you see something you like of his, if you're not going to buy it right away put it in your favorites file.  You do this by clicking the heart in the upper right corner of the product page.  Then, whenever you ARE SIGNED IN over at HSN you'll get an alert when something is on sale or almost sold out.  If you're not signed in, you won't be able to see your alerts.  I get the most ridiculous bargains this way.  I always have at least 100, up to 250 items in my favorites folder.  I don't buy many of them, but when I do buy I get the most ridiculous bargains.  I also "favorite" anything I buy.  That way, I can get the 30-day price guarantee because I'll get the alert if the price drops. 

QVC's "sales" are really promotions.  HSN is the electronic version of the old Filene's Basement I remember from my childhood.  They marked down items according to number of days on the shelf.  I knew people who would hide an item they wanted somewhere out of place until the price dropped.

Valued Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I have a few of his things and like them all.  When you see something you like of his, if you're not going to buy it right away put it in your favorites file.  You do this by clicking the heart in the upper right corner of the product page.  Then, whenever you ARE SIGNED IN over at HSN you'll get an alert when something is on sale or almost sold out.  If you're not signed in, you won't be able to see your alerts.  I get the most ridiculous bargains this way.  I always have at least 100, up to 250 items in my favorites folder.  I don't buy many of them, but when I do buy I get the most ridiculous bargains.  I also "favorite" anything I buy.  That way, I can get the 30-day price guarantee because I'll get the alert if the price drops. 

QVC's "sales" are really promotions.  HSN is the electronic version of the old Filene's Basement I remember from my childhood.  They marked down items according to number of days on the shelf.  I knew people who would hide an item they wanted somewhere out of place until the price dropped.

@Ms X, I have fond memories of hiding a beautiful red coat at the Basement so I could get it at a good price!  I really miss that store.

Respected Contributor

One of the few on shopping channels that sells real leather items in classic styles. I just wish he'd make his skirts and dresses in knee lengths and with more choices in colors.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Love Hal & his designs. His shows are great to watch for styling tips. 

Hope you love your dress @QueenDanceALot

Hal Rubenstein The "Felicity" Flared Dress
440-974
Hal Rubenstein The "Felicity" Flared Dress

Thank you, Chi-town, for posting the pic - it is a mystery to me why I can't do this - that's the dress!  Can't wait to get it and then, if I love it, I will want summer to hurry by so I can wear it in the Fall!

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Hey, thanks for the hunting tips, Ms X!

I remember Filene's Basement from when I lived on Long Island.  Loved shopping there!