Honored Contributor

Re: Hailey Bieber Wore an Ab-Baring Nude Cutout Dress to Meet the French President

@05gage25 wrote:

The Biebers were there on vacation, and Justin asked to meet with Macron to speak about youth issues and climate change. They were there for about an hour, and Justin actually wore a nice suit and shirt...but he did wear his sneaks!  🙂 It was also France's National Day of Music. It looked as though they all enjoyed the time they spent together.

@05gage25 

Thank you for this info. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Hailey Bieber Wore an Ab-Baring Nude Cutout Dress to Meet the French President

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe said:

Really @IG You are dissing her for having a blemish on her skin?????  How perfect does skin have to be for you to find it acceptable?

I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that I would not have chosen a cut out dress that would expose bruises from cupping, I would have chosen another style dress that covered any bruises.

That's way different than "dissing her for a blemish" or expecting "perfect skin".

@KingstonsMom I agree, the cupping marks look tacky..

Esteemed Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I really don't know why this is a big deal.  No one knows why the Biebers met with the Macrons, apparently it was a social visit.  The Biebers are in France on vacation and are dressing up for the paparazzi.  I am sure they are kept informed on where they will be.  The lead picture, however, comes from Justin Bieber's Instagram's account.  Maybe they are friends.

The Biebers are in their 20s.  Who decides what clothing is appropriate for a social visit we weren't invited to?.  The dress is very nice, though I wouldn't wear it.  She wasn't wearing that Breezies bra.  But fashion police is out in full force.

And yes the Biebers spend most of their time in Los Angeles.

@NYCLatinaMe Social standards decide appripriate behavior, unless of course anarchy is official now. In that case we can rent out most of Washington.

Wow @SoonerLater no idea what you are trying to say here.  My point is that this is private behavior (not a public function), and what is appropriate behavior in that private encounter is not for us to decide.

Apparently you think you make the decisions.

I have no idea what Washington has to do with this.  The visit was in Paris.

Esteemed Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@gertrudecloset I don't see a real distinction between Hollywood and the music industry:  Often scantily clothed multi-millionaire celebrities who want to tell the rest of us how to live but do as they please and do anything for more publicity. The category covers a lot of territory.   

@SoonerLater I know of no "scantily clothed multi-millionaire celebrities who want to tell the rest of us how to live".  It is the opposite.  They are trying to give us what we want so they make $$$$.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's not forget it is Fashion Week in Paris.  The Instagram photos he posted even shows Bridgette hugging Justin.  I think all had a great time regardless of the clothing.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SoonerLater wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I really don't know why this is a big deal.  No one knows why the Biebers met with the Macrons, apparently it was a social visit.  The Biebers are in France on vacation and are dressing up for the paparazzi.  I am sure they are kept informed on where they will be.  The lead picture, however, comes from Justin Bieber's Instagram's account.  Maybe they are friends.

The Biebers are in their 20s.  Who decides what clothing is appropriate for a social visit we weren't invited to?.  The dress is very nice, though I wouldn't wear it.  She wasn't wearing that Breezies bra.  But fashion police is out in full force.

And yes the Biebers spend most of their time in Los Angeles.

@NYCLatinaMe Social standards decide appripriate behavior, unless of course anarchy is official now. In that case we can rent out most of Washington.

Wow @SoonerLater no idea what you are trying to say here.  My point is that this is private behavior (not a public function), and what is appropriate behavior in that private encounter is not for us to decide.

Apparently you think you make the decisions.

I have no idea what Washington has to do with this.  The visit was in Paris.

@NYCLatinaMe Yes, I believe in community standards, appropriateness and laws that keep public standards of dress and behavior within limits.  If you would enjoy the world without that, then we certainly don't think alike.

Anarchy doesn't work very well it turns out in many past experiments.  I believe in any livable society there will be standards for public behavior, dress, and activity.  I don't see how you live happily without it.  It's why we have laws.

Regular Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SoonerLater wrote:

@gertrudecloset I don't see a real distinction between Hollywood and the music industry:  Often scantily clothed multi-millionaire celebrities who want to tell the rest of us how to live but do as they please and do anything for more publicity. The category covers a lot of territory.   

@SoonerLater I know of no "scantily clothed multi-millionaire celebrities who want to tell the rest of us how to live".  It is the opposite.  They are trying to give us what we want so they make $$$$.

@NYCLatinaMe I fail to see how you can miss them, unless you have taken a vow and live in a monastery.  But then you probably wouldn't be on the internet would you?  

You gave me a laugh. 

Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SoonerLater wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe I fail to see how you can miss them, unless you have taken a vow and live in a monastery.  But then you probably wouldn't be on the internet would you?  

You gave me a laugh. 

You would not find me in a monastery, and I, too, had no idea that they were married. I don't keep up with such things.

Anarchy? Jeez, give me a break. And "laws" have nothing to do with this visit and choice of apparel.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

do not see what the big whoop is!?!  it was a quick visit.  it wasnt a state dinner or événement officiel

what if it was a  "Taupe Dress" or "Beige Dress"  rather than "Nude Dress"

The Macrons are hardly conventional themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoonerLater wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

You know what's funny, I didn even know Justin Bieber was even married, didnt even know he was popular anymore.

Hollywood has been long gone, there aren't any "stars" anymore, just people pushing their own agenda.

@Just BlingJustin Bieber would not have been part of "Hollywood."  He's a singer from Canada.  Lot's of money to back up his career.  I don't think he's ever done any acting.  Why conflict the two? 

@SoonerLaterI do.  It was the reason I made the comment.  I do know it is all entertainment, but the music industry is a different beast unto itself.  It is NO way like the typical hollywood business.  Music artists don't have to work with a label.  Many are independent and that part of entertainment has changed so much; it warrants it's distinction from hollywood.

But since you are talking about the scantilly clad outfits many wear, remember to put it in perspective:  They don't go around dressed this way day in and day out.  They get scantilly clad on red carpets and special events for the paparazzi.  That's how we get to see them.  Their every day lives aren't filled with borrowed, tawdry garments to wear to run an errand.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life