Super Contributor

All these many years I have tried to stay away from HSN----thought my wallet couldn't handle both Q and HSN!  But, my picks on Q are slim lately.  Can anyone suggest their favorite brand in clothes please.  I love Women With Control---especially her no wrinkle fabric and pants in tall size.  Does HSN have anything comparable?  Also, does it have forums like this?  I couldn't find any?  Thanks for all suggestions---if I don't respond today--- I will be tied up with dr. appointments all day!  thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

@pietook I've been shopping both for many years though I actually started with HSN, went off to the Q, then mostly back to HSN.  It's just been a better shopping experience for me.

I am not a huge WWC fan but the fashions I like on HSN have mainly been the following:

Colleen Lopez (can be hit or miss but the items I like of hers, I really like)

Antthony , Nina Leonard, Iman, G by Guiliana and Marla Wynne (can be pricey but upscale clothing).

There are many others but I am  not a fan of DG2, though I once was I now find her line is going downhill terribly.

Again these are my opinions, happy shopping Smiley Happy

I know HSN used to have forums but I was never on with them.  I don't believe they have them any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

HSN has boards  Look at the upper left hand corner of the home page and click on CONNECT.  A drop down menu will appear, choose COMMUNITY and it will take you to their boards.    

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@pietook I've been shopping both for many years though I actually started with HSN, went off to the Q, then mostly back to HSN.  It's just been a better shopping experience for me.

I am not a huge WWC fan but the fashions I like on HSN have mainly been the following:

Colleen Lopez (can be hit or miss but the items I like of hers, I really like)

Antthony , Nina Leonard, Iman, G by Guiliana and Marla Wynne (can be pricey but upscale clothing).

There are many others but I am  not a fan of DG2, though I once was I now find her line is going downhill terribly.

Again these are my opinions, happy shopping Smiley Happy

I know HSN used to have forums but I was never on with them.  I don't believe they have them any longer.

@LindaSal I find that DG2 designs for her figure type which is narrow shoulders, hide the belly, small butt, and long legs.  She even talks about some of those body issues as being what she designs for intimating that it's the post-menopausal body.  However, my post-menopausal body is the complete opposite, broad shoulders, no belly, ample booty, short stumpy legs.  I tried one of her T's once thinking it would work, but it looked funny on me.  The sleeves were too short, kinda odd for post-menopausal and I don't have wings, and the body was too A-line instead of straight.

I like the looks of some of the G by Giuliani stuff, but both pieces of hers I had technical issues with, so I try not to get sucked in again.  One was purely a design issue which surprised me since she makes such a big deal about her background and her master tailor father.  Yeah, I'm sure all women want a flap of denim fabric flapping between their legs when they walk.  

I have a couple of Marla Wynne pants I like, but her tops are mostly too square or overwhelming for my petite frame.

I have an Attitudes by Renee dress I like, but like so many Home Shopping & QVC designers there seems to be little variety.  The same designs or close to it in different fabrics.  

I long for something different, and sadly I'm not even finding it in the B&M stores that I shop locally.  

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN help please

[ Edited ]

Definitely Naadam cashmere and cotton/cashmere on QVC.  Denim & Co would be my only other choice on-air.  You need to be careful about some of the fabric quality, though.

Online...mostly coats and jackets.  Bernardo, Gallery, but they are more expensive than what QVC usually sells.  They used to carry quite a bit of Avec Les Filles that is good quality, higher priced, but I see there are only 2 choices currently.   

HSN never caught on with me, but occasionally Colleen Lopez designs something classic and tailored I like.  Marla Wynne is a good designer, not my style though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess I agree with your assessments of the designers.  The only thing I like in DG2's line is a couple of older pairs of virtual stretch jeans and a virtual stretch jean jacket.  But I have had these pieces for years, now it seems like many designers, the material is becoming way too cheap and it's just not the same and we're paying more.  I am an average size baby boomer myself and I never had luck with any of her tops at all or other jeans in her line as she claims to be the jean queen but I beg to differ, LOL!

As far as Guiliana, I have had good and bad luck with her line too.  I do own a couple of summer type jumpsuits that I love and somehow they fit my body type perfectly, actually complimenting it!   Other times, the experience was less than satisfactory.

With B&M shopping, do you like Chico's at all?  I talk about them often on here, I've had fairly good luck with them over the years and the jeans fit well and I have gotten some really pretty tops.  I find the sizing chart is pretty true.

Respected Contributor

@pietook comfort code is a favorite of mine from hsn.altho it isn't dress clothes,but very comfy jammies!I will say this tho,a return label runs 6.50 ,higher than the q s

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal we have Chicos locally, but I haven't been in a store in ages. I have a friend who used to shop there all the time, but last time I was in there, I just couldn't find anything that fit me right.  May have to try them again, but I would have to go in and try on.  I could find things I liked, but not on my body.  

Mostly I just end up at Belk.  I liked them better when they were Parisian.  Now, except for name brand designer brands, it all just looks the same. I have a shirt I bought there years ago and I can still go in and buy several exactly like it just in different prints.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the input.  I will look at the designers mentioned.  I don't do dressy clothing---just mostly leisure, capris, the quarter sleeves---comfort.  We don't have to dress up for church where I go.  LOL  I'm almost 70 and at that age there is not a lot of functions to go to!  I do like to travel as to why I mentioned wrinkle free is always a hit with me.  Thanks again---keep suggesting!

Regular Contributor

@LindaSal - I agree with all of the HSN brands you like/mention.  I would like to add Democracy and Living in Yellow to your list.  I recently bought some clearance items from them and love the material, fit, and design.  I love Colleen Lopez for her unique, beautiful jackets and DG2 for virtual and classic fit jeans - I own at least 20 pairs of them and always receive compliments when I wear them (especially the embroidered ones).

HSN is my go-to for fashion!!!