Respected Contributor

Well said!- especially 'FALSE CLAIMS' - which QVC does constantly with beauty products!

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/22/hsn-stars-livid-over-execs-condescending-and-disrespectful-email/

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN email to staff/vendors

Interesting article- but I read it differently than you. The hsn exec wants to stop the false  claims at hsn- and be more like qvc. Personally, if someone gets into a hard sell with me- in  any walk of life -  I'm  out the door. Literally and figureatively !! 

Trusted Contributor

This means exactly nothing. What are they going to say about beauty products? Instead of saying a face cream has firming qualities, are they going to instead have doctors selling Botox? Of course not, just another exec CHA.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The memo did say, "if this pertains to you." If it doesn't, then they've gotten upset for no reason.

Really, now, @ellaphant! "False" claims?! Who?! Smiley Happy

eta: The part about knowing your product well? How many times have we heard the [fashion] vendor fumble over color names?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beauty claims should be qualified with 'individual results vary' - and no more bogus before and afters !! All these fixes need to  happen on all shopping channels- but the hsn exec suggested hsn be more like qvc. i've said it before- caveat emptor. Buyer beware !

Honored Contributor

A huge difference b/t fashion clothes colors and contents of beauty products, claims as to what they may do for you, how they work or don't. Just saying.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they have a bit of a inter-office problem.  Exaggerated claims are not the same as false claims. There is a bit of stretch in most sales pitches. Also, the staff in the HSN legal department which is designated to review and approval of the claims made on air should be more upset with Daniels than the vendors.  To suggest there is a problem means he thinks they aren't doing their job. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't Page 6 nothing but gossip? 

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

The memo did say, "if this pertains to you." If it doesn't, then they've gotten upset for no reason.

Really, now, @ellaphant! "False" claims?! Who?! Smiley Happy

eta: The part about knowing your product well? How many times have we heard the [fashion] vendor fumble over color names?

I hate that, but I forgive it because I get the feeling that the QVC team gives colors different names than the vendor does. I think that's why even the hosts struggle sometimes and say "This one is called Navy, but it's really more of a royal blue".

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Interesting article- but I read it differently than you. The hsn exec wants to stop the false  claims at hsn- and be more like qvc. Personally, if someone gets into a hard sell with me- in  any walk of life -  I'm  out the door. Literally and figureatively !! 

I agree. There are some hosts on both channels that are definitely harder sellers than others and some are more subtle about it than others.

do get a "used car salesman" feeling from some of the HSN hosts and vendors. I really like Perlier bath products, but that Skip guy comes across as a total snake oil salesman to me.