On 4/5/2015 twocent said:
On 4/5/2015 yarnaholic1963 said:
On 4/5/2015 twocent said:
On 4/5/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

I tried her TS that was the skinny jean a couple of months ago-took a chance on DG2...well, I love them so much, I ordered the skinny jean with zippered ankle in three colors, the cuffed jean, and a few tops.

They look so nice after you wash them. They shrink a little in the dryer, so I order a tall inseam (5'5"). Everything she says about them is true. I ordered 1 size down the 2nd time, but with the shorts I ordered two sizes down b/c I think they would be more slimming a little snugger.

I really like the peppermint color too. Enjoy your new shorts. They are a great length. I will wear them through late October with flats.

Keep the good stuff coming Diane Giman!

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm concerned about the size I ordered. I'm seriously thinking about re-ordering a size down. I ordered my normal QVC size in D&C and Quacker Factory stretch shorts. Does DG2 run smaller than those?

I would order a size down from your BM size. Whatever size you take in Levi's, order one or two sizes down. That's what I do. The first time I ordered the same size as my Levi's, and they stay in the dryer for a while. They are loose fitting. I hope this helps

I was going to order the "white" until I found out they were ivory instead of white. I too noticed the see-through of the pockets, but sometimes that's just because of the studio lighting. I went ahead and cancelled my first order and re-ordered a size smaller. I'm usually a 10 but when they said that the 8's had a 31.5" waist, I went ahead and sized down to the 8's.

smart lady!

I agree! I am your size and must go to a 6 -in super stretch. They really stretch! Much more and I would need to go to a 4- and that is insane ! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I carry junk in the trunk.{#emotions_dlg.blush}Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm 5' 3" 135 pounds with 40" hips.....surely I don't need to go down to a 6. Are your measurements similar to mine or smaller?

These have stretch like nothing else, I have seen. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It depends on if you like a really loose fit. I tried an 8 and could take them off , still fastened. I like a "not tight"- but "body -hugging" fit, if that makes sense? I honestly don't know my hip size but I am almost 4 inches taller and same weight. I say the 6, but if they don't fit - then "I didn't say it." {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}Wink

Since you're 4" taller I think I'll stick w the 8's. I'm hour glass figure and have junque in the trunk too :-)
Valued Contributor

Oh great, I just realized I liked the turquoise with the SG top I bought!! Make that 5 pairs of shorts! Coral, black, beige, chambray, turquoise!

DG2 by Diane Gilman SuperStretch Tailored Bermuda ShortNo Image Found

Esteemed Contributor
I went through a phase of DG jeans, the vanity sizing is way off...the colors bled onto my skin, underwear and clothing...not to mention the smell....probably sprayed before entering the U.S. from some third world country....there was some quality in the beginning...little now....will stick with QVC rather than buy inferior quality....
Super Contributor

The SuperStretch is very stretchy! I'm a size 12/14 at BM stores. I ordered the 10. I hope they aren't too big. I got a SuperStretch jegging in Medium and they are kind of loose- crazy to think that a 12/14 could wear a small! I also find that the SuperStretch stretches out as the day goes on and doesn't shrink much in the dryer. Although it seems her jeans are all a little different in fit. If you're not sure go down at least one size. And don't follow the recommended size HSN gives you (It's usually too big). But do look at the ACTUAL garment measurements to help you decide (keeping in mind that they will stretch a few inches).

Honored Contributor

What I like about them is that the waistline stretches out several (or so) inches. I can't count the many waistbands (other brands) that don't fit anymore, after washing/drying, eating delicious food, etc. It's really nerve-wracking when I want to wear something, and the waist doesn't fit.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Lots of clearance fashions (in general) 'over there'. Tops, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 stray770 said: I went through a phase of DG jeans, the vanity sizing is way off...the colors bled onto my skin, underwear and clothing...not to mention the smell....probably sprayed before entering the U.S. from some third world country....there was some quality in the beginning...little now....will stick with QVC rather than buy inferior quality....

Oh wow! The colors bleeding... I went through that too! I had purchased dark indigo and black boot cut jeans several years ago. I knew I needed to make a slight alteration in the hips, so not having time right then to do that, I hung them up. Problem was, I hung a yellow square neck tank top next to the indigo jeans. I didn't give it a thought! (I had bought 5 tank tops with square necks that I absolutely LOVED at a B/M store.) I left them there for a while, maybe a couple of weeks, went back to get them and the indigo jeans had bled onto the yellow tank top... all over it... and they were both completely dry! The blue dye would not come out of the yellow top, and I was so upset I almost cried. Besides that, the black ones had a horrid smell and I left them hanging in an open doorway for a month (AFTER washing) and every time I walked by that doorway, I smelled those jeans.

After that, I wouldn't hang any of the DG2 jeans in dark colors anywhere near anything with a light color. I've only worn them a few times, and I won't wash them with anything other than very dark colors - the dye still comes out. I have her jeans in many colors, a couple of her denim duster type jackets, and jean jackets, and wouldn't wear any of them without washing a couple of times first.

So, as I said previously for so many reasons, never again!

Super Contributor

No....don't like the way I look in Bermuda shorts. I am long waisted and look better in shorter shorts. If I more length in my legs they'd probably look better. Not that I have short legs.

Valued Contributor

I'm surprised to hear so many problems with quality. I think the quality is good. DG2 seem to hold up just like my Levi jeans. They are comparable in price to Levi jeans, so they should be good quality. I haven't had any problem with the colors bleeding onto other clothes. I did notice when I wore the indigo jeans right out of the packaging, my hands were bluish that night from the dye coming off when I touched my leg.

I have three pairs of black jeans in different styles, and no smell. I guess I have been lucky. I'm pretty happy about that!