Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN Skinnygirl Maxi Dress

That tie was giving me Elly May Clampett.

Valued Contributor

She is a foul-mouthed harpie - wouldn't give her five cents!  Don't understand how other women support these no-class vendors.

Super Contributor

Curiosity got the best of me.  I had to take a look at the dress.  It is really cute.  It is nice to see updated style.  

The name "Skinnygirl" comes from the brand of low calorie cocktails she developed years ago.  If you know who Bethenny is, you most likely know the name "Skinnygirl", which I can assume is why she is using it for her clothing line.  

Honored Contributor

@GraceLady wrote:

Curiosity got the best of me.  I had to take a look at the dress.  It is really cute.  It is nice to see updated style.  

The name "Skinnygirl" comes from the brand of low calorie cocktails she developed years ago.  If you know who Bethenny is, you most likely know the name "Skinnygirl", which I can assume is why she is using it for her clothing line.  

l knew about the "Skinnygirl" name for her cocktails line. I don't care for the name, whether it's selling food, clothing, or what-not. To me, the word has a negative connotation, as if someone is haggard and sickly-looking. I don't aspire to be skinny. "Slimgirl" would be a better name, IMO.

Her clothing website states: ..."Skinnygirl Jeans and Clothing for Every Shape, Every Size, and Every Woman!" Seems like an oxymoron, given the brand's name. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

just took a look.

one is a batik tie dye and one is a camo print.

it isnt really me and i dont purchase 100% cotton.

two poor reviews so far.

i tried skinnygirl shapewear a few years ago and it was laughable. you definitely had to be "skinny" to get into it, even if you went up a size or two.

although i do watch the housewives shows, i am not a huge fan of bethenny. i used to like her a lot, but she has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Love the dress, too bad the reviews are indicating poor quality. 

Super Contributor

skinnygirl clothes sold by Bethenny are fabulous. The material is premium and never pills or fades. I have jeans from every designer from the Q and HSN in addition to major designer jeans. My skinnygirl jeans fit the best and are my favs . Her line cant be beat and the price is awesome for the quality. Bethenny is a women designing for women ,she created ger own company and came from nothing. She is a working mom and her line goes up to a 3x. Her moto is to celebrate your curves not to hide your body under tent like tops (logo)...so to each his own...bashing other women is not helpful and not setting a great example for children ,grandchildren or future generations. Afterall women are in the workforce now and we do have and run companies and some of us even own a few.
Super Contributor

Chrystaltree , i am not sure what show you watched because i watch every show Bethenny is on and she is funny ,very nice to the models and even tries on all her clothes to show how they fit , stretch and recover. Anyone who knows her personality knows she pokes fun at herself and would never be inappropriate. Afterall she did build a billion dollar brand from nothing. She is the spokesperson, brand ambassador, creator inventor of this line of clothes wich is under the umbrella of her line Skinnygirl. This means embrace your inner skinnygirl and love yourself as you are. Bethenny is a best selling author and if you had ever read any of her books or listened to her as a motivational speaker you would know what the brand means. Yes Skinnygirl margaritas are made with her tequila that is white so it has less calories. This women has also donated and flown a private plane to Puerto Rico ro assist in the hurricane relief efforts along with other states .She also has a charity B-Strong that donates clothes and funding to women who have been in domestic violent situations. I would think twice before i pass judgement on others and how you think they should act classy as you sit home and view them on your TV. What have you done productive today.
Honored Contributor

Bethany is just another good for nothing nasty housewife nobody like Lisa Rinna