Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I don't see how they can raise prices on items that they already had in inventory that was purchased at a prior lower  cost from the vendor.  I know there is a high mark up rate on all retail items.

@skatting44what's that you say?  "They" can do what they want.  LOL.  Stick it to you and nickle and dime you even though they got a tax cut.  That's not enough for them. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Nothing raises the hair on my neck more than Nordstrom sales. If an item goes on sale, it's maked back up afterwards. Once an item is on clearance or on sale it should stand.

As an avid Nordstrom shopper @Shanus  you need to go to Nordstrom's Rack to find markdowns that remain.  I suspect they may be returns. 

Finally, when they want to clear inventory (for real) they actually don't mark items back up. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I checked my "favorites" at HSN and yes, some of them have gone up in price which makes no sense to me.  If it didn't sell at $25 why would it sell at $27.50???  But as someone mentioned, maybe a free shipping day is coming????

Valued Contributor

I noticed HSN going up on the S&H

Trusted Contributor

Sounds about right. I have noticed that most of my QVC wish list items have increased in price in the last few days. Not substantial, a dollar here, two dollars there, not enough to make me delete them yet. To be expected I guess.  

Honored Contributor

QVC has been doing this with prices for years, I have read posts about it on these forums for years. HSN usually has better deals. But some posters here can't resist putting their political slant onto everything. 

Lots of bargains to be had elsewhere. Perhaps sales are down at QVC and HSN because people are going back to stores now. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I don't see how they can raise prices on items that they already had in inventory that was purchased at a prior lower  cost from the vendor.  I know there is a high mark up rate on all retail items.

I agree but I have a friend that works in a furniture store...furniture is  already over priced, in my opinion, but when things go up in price, they go thru the store and increase prices on everthing that has been sitting on the floor for months, if not longer.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed political