Honored Contributor

Re: HSN - New Fashion Brand / C. Wonder by Christian Siriano (March 30th)

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Chi-town girl , remember Marc Bouwer? 

@loveschocolate - yes!!! I LOVE MB. It appears he's not at ShopHQ anymore?

Oh, I wish HSN would bring him onboard 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

I guess it's fun for you to post Billy Porter, whom I am sure Christian Siriano was super happy to dress.

But he is better known for dressing women like Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Lopez, Michelle Obama and Zendaya.

I don't know how Siriano and HSN have done their business, but HSN is not QVC.  I haven't watched HSN in a while, but I remember under Mindy Grossman they brought a lot of fashion forward designs.  They allow lower necklines and sexier clothes, not that Siriano is known for that.  I think his designs are elegant.

I used to shop a lot of HSN clothes.  They have had Diane Von Fustenberg doing wrap dresses, David Meister, Natori, Sigrid Olsen, Iman, Christos Garkinos, Naeem Khan, Tina Knowles (Beyonce's mom), Iris Apfel, Nikki Poulos. other designer capsule collections whose names I don't remember right now, and celebrites like Kelly Osbourne, Queen Latifah, Serena Williams, Patti Labelle, Wendy Williams, NeNe Leakes.  Many other celebrities have gone through its doors.

Even now, Marla Wynne is better than anything QVC offers.

I think it will be good!  I just hope the clothes fit me and are not 100% poly/rayon.

I think Jason Wu has done nice things for QVC, but overwhelmingly poly and rayon knits.  Disappointing.

@NYCLatinaMe - WOW! I've forgotten the range of such appealing fashions that HSN offered previously - it was right at that time when I started shopping at HSN and QVC. 

I also remember a well known fashion designer named Hal. His HSN shows were so enjoyable- his styling suggestions and interactions with the hosts! Also, I LOVED Danica Patrick

The Mindy Grossman era was quite FABULOUS 👏🏻

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Dusty1 no C. Wonder was not by Carson Kressley. C. Wonder designer is the ex-husband of Tory Burch. When they split he started his C. Wonder line.

But the Q rep on air was not Burch. Wasn't his name Brad? 

@Chi-town girl I never said Burch was the rep on QVC. I said Burch is the creator of the line.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Dusty1 no C. Wonder was not by Carson Kressley. C. Wonder designer is the ex-husband of Tory Burch. When they split he started his C. Wonder line.

But the Q rep on air was not Burch. Wasn't his name Brad? 

@Chi-town girl I never said Burch was the rep on QVC. I said Burch is the creator of the line.

@DJs mom - I never stated that you said Burch was the on air rep. My follow question was asking who was the Q on air rep 

Respected Contributor

There is a good article on hsn fb that explains his connection with C Wonder. It looks like a lot of dresses. 

He will appear on March 23rd with a few pieces and March 30th with full collection.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 Looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

what is the point of still using the name after it has been thru 2 rounds of being for sale

but I guess they bought the rights to use the name so they are stuck with it

Esteemed Contributor

Christian was on years ago I brought a couple of pieces, nice quality and design.  Can't wait to see what he brings in now.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  did you check out any new C. Wonder items?  Any reviews toi share? Smiley Happy