Honored Contributor

Just throwing this out there but I bought a pair of cute slip-on Danskin athleisure shoes.  I put them on Friday evening and after only about 10 minutes of wear, realized the back was rubbing on the bone on the back of my foot and were killing me but I was stuck. The next day they were by the door so I threw them on again and they were perfectly fine. No rubbing at all and super comfortable.  I'm not sure if they loosened up a bit in the back or what.

Maybe the stiffness of these shoes would loosen up with some wearing?     

Respected Contributor

these Steve Maddens are cheapo fluff sneaks.  Madden is just cashing in on a trend and the metallic trend as well.  if you want comfortable white sneakers i rec all leather Stan Smiths. the Stan Smiths  revival kicked off this trend a couple yrs ago.   they come in white w/green trim if yu hate the green they are also all white or w/navy and and red.  i see they have black now. and silver. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Metallic Sneaker TS

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

I didn't buy these intending to wear them as athletic shoes.  I have several pairs of shoes that already fill that need.

For me, they were meant to be a shoe that I could wear for a day in the city or shopping at a big mall.  When I'm dressed in nice casual wear, I don't like to ruin the look with a pair of running shoes.

ITA with your comments. I bought them for style and not so much "walking function".  I have plenty of walking/running type of shoes.  These were just cute.  I still may keep the white pair.  The gold are really darling, but they slip too much--maybe due to the metallic

As I speculated, many reviewers stated they ran small.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I think they are cute but I ordered these last week.  Funny thing is, I seldom wear sneakers.

Vince Camuto Brellia Leather Floral Detail Sneaker

For what it's worth, these Vince Camuto sneakers (from HSN) are both comfortable and true to size.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

these Steve Maddens are cheapo fluff sneaks.  Madden is just cashing in on a trend and the metallic trend as well.  if you want comfortable white sneakers i rec all leather Stan Smiths. the Stan Smiths  revival kicked off this trend a couple yrs ago.   they come in white w/green trim if yu hate the green they are also all white or w/navy and and red.  i see they have black now. and silver. 

Love Stan Smith.

I'm hoping the Madden shoes work for me. My IMAN orders were transferred back to UPS today after they transferred to USPS on Friday, lol. UPS should be delivering my IMAN orders & the Madden shoes today. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor
My Madden sneakers (my first HSN purchase after I saw this thread) are a tiny bit snug on my big ugly feet. The rose gold is just darling and I'm going to try them again though.
Regular Contributor

I ordered them....as soon as they arrived I packed them up and returned them.  They were so narrow.... and not as cute in real life - 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My white ones arrived today, they're beautiful! Can't wait to wear them.  May just have to order another color.

wanted to add I ordered my normal size 8 and was amazed how wonderful they fit.  They're perfect!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Love Stan Smith.

I'm hoping the Madden shoes work for me. My IMAN orders were transferred back to UPS today after they transferred to USPS on Friday, lol. UPS should be delivering my IMAN orders & the Madden shoes today. 

Did you receive yours yesterday Chi?  I 'd like your take.  I think they are so cute, but I am just not sure about them due to sizing and not being super comfy.  They would be cute just for fashion though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The opinions on these are certainly all over the map--too big, too little, stiff, soft, comfortable, unbearable---don't remember hearing such wildly differing takes on an item in a while.  I guess that's why---especially if you have a hard-to-fit foot---it makes more sense to shop for shoes in person, if possible.  I ordered and then cancelled because I just couldn't decide on size.

KK

PS  One reviewer even said she thought people didn't like them because they probably don't know what size shoe they wear.  ( very STRANGE thing to say, in my opinion!!!)