Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I thought that Madden sneaker was more of a fashion sneaker and not a walking sneaker.  If I were going to do some serious walking, I would buy a true walking shoe/athletic shoe.

These were just a fashion shoe to me that were a sneaker style since they are so trendy right now.    

I know it's more of a fashion sneaker, but if I'm going to go all casual and wear sneakers, they better be comfortable. Those Madden shoes looked stiff and not well made even in the presentation.

I'm not saying buy a running shoe in place of this. Nike, Adidas, and other athletic brands make tons of walking shoes that look more supportive and comfortable than these.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Runner26 wrote:

TY @Chi-town girl for posting this! I just ordered the white in 6.5. I want to order 2 whites & 1 silver but I'm not at all familiar with the fit. This is almost exactly how I would've designed these (except I would've made the mesh square, more tightly wover). If the fit is right, I'll order more even at the regular price (great price!).

I've been looking for a replacement for what I currently have which gives me a little bit of height and is also leather (I bought 4 pairs about 10+ years ago and I'm on my last pair). Although you cannot tell from the pic, when I saw your post, it reminded me of mine. 

IMG_20170320_073917471.jpg

@Runner26, although the style is a bit different, these leather Keds reminded me of the ones in your photo. (keds.com)

WH55748_A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

these Steve Maddens are cheapo fluff sneaks.  Madden is just cashing in on a trend and the metallic trend as well.  if you want comfortable white sneakers i rec all leather Stan Smiths. the Stan Smiths  revival kicked off this trend a couple yrs ago.   they come in white w/green trim if yu hate the green they are also all white or w/navy and and red.  i see they have black now. and silver. 

Love Stan Smith.

I'm hoping the Madden shoes work for me. My IMAN orders were transferred back to UPS today after they transferred to USPS on Friday, lol. UPS should be delivering my IMAN orders & the Madden shoes today. 

Did you receive yours yesterday Chi?  I 'd like your take.  I think they are so cute, but I am just not sure about them due to sizing and not being super comfy.  They would be cute just for fashion though.

@winamac1 and all -

I LOVE these shoes. I have an average size foot, wear size 8 and they fit well! They are so darn cute. 

Like @winamac1, I do notice a bit slip on the heel on the right shoe. My foot doesn't slip out of the shoe, so it's not a big issue. I wore them around the house last night for about 1/2 hr and it seemed less of an issue the more I wore it. I might put one of those heel cushions from Foot Petals on the right shoe. It's something that could help those experiencing some slip.

I think the rose gold are stunning. They look really cute with jeans but also with the IMAN palm print TS pants. I also rec'd my IMAN orders so I was playing Barbie last night Woman LOL

These are def fashion shoes, not athletic. I'm thinking about getting the white. The mesh panels will make them nice for summer

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I see some cute new shoes from Sperry that will be featured on The List tmrw - a nautical themed show.

Sperry Crest Vibe Canvas Laced Sneaker
529-833
Sperry Crest Vibe Canvas Laced Sneaker

Sperry 7 Seas Camo 3-Eye Laced Mesh Sneaker
529-973
Sperry 7 Seas Camo 3-Eye Laced Mesh Sneaker
Sperry Coil Ivy Perf Leather Slip-On Boat Shoe
529-810
Sperry Coil Ivy Perf Leather Slip-On Boat Shoe

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

There is a Vince Camuto TS tmrw. Not sure of the TS item, but I like these new slip on shoes 

Vince Camuto Bretta Leather Perforated Mule Sneaker
530-600
Vince Camuto Bretta Leather Perforated Mule Sneaker

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

these Steve Maddens are cheapo fluff sneaks.  Madden is just cashing in on a trend and the metallic trend as well.  if you want comfortable white sneakers i rec all leather Stan Smiths. the Stan Smiths  revival kicked off this trend a couple yrs ago.   they come in white w/green trim if yu hate the green they are also all white or w/navy and and red.  i see they have black now. and silver. 

Love Stan Smith.

I'm hoping the Madden shoes work for me. My IMAN orders were transferred back to UPS today after they transferred to USPS on Friday, lol. UPS should be delivering my IMAN orders & the Madden shoes today. 

Did you receive yours yesterday Chi?  I 'd like your take.  I think they are so cute, but I am just not sure about them due to sizing and not being super comfy.  They would be cute just for fashion though.

@winamac1 and all -

I LOVE these shoes. I have an average size foot, wear size 8 and they fit well! They are so darn cute. 

Like @winamac1, I do notice a bit slip on the heel on the right shoe. My foot doesn't slip out of the shoe, so it's not a big issue. I wore them around the house last night for about 1/2 hr and it seemed less of an issue the more I wore it. I might put one of those heel cushions from Foot Petals on the right shoe. It's something that could help those experiencing some slip.

I think the rose gold are stunning. They look really cute with jeans but also with the IMAN palm print TS pants. I also rec'd my IMAN orders so I was playing Barbie last night Woman LOL

These are def fashion shoes, not athletic. I'm thinking about getting the white. The mesh panels will make them nice for summer

Glad you like yours.  I decided to keep the white.  The gold are SO cute, but they slip. I'll probably send those back.

Check out a pair I saw on a girl at one of the offices I call on...puma fenty sneakers by rihanna.  I can't post a link or I'll get banned.  SO CUTE!  I like both colors, but I have to decide on one.  She had the army green on! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 - OMG these are adorable!!!  She has a new Spring collection Heart

Honored Contributor

Shop FENTY PUMA by Rihanna

Image result for puma fenty by rihanna

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@winamac1 - OMG these are adorable!!!  She has a new Spring collection Heart

Thanks!  The girl had the army green on, and they were so darling!  Smiley Happy

thanks for th pic!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

TY @jonbon! I saw that shoes but the weird different me likes the more boxy-type shoes.

BTW, the 6.5 is a bit big but I am keeping it because it's the cutest shoes. I should've stayed with my size 6.  I am always a size 6 except a 6.5 in running shoes. One time I ordered a bearpaw boots and all the reviewers stated to size up a size and I got a size 7 and couldn't wear them.