Esteemed Contributor
On 3/20/2014 Dosey said:
On 3/20/2014 Desertdi said:

Lynn Murphy looks like Elly May Clampett in it

Maybe someone should tell Lynn that the brand is Hot in Hollywood, not Hot in Beverly Hills.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi Dosey, can you tell me about the INC jeans, please? It's always helpful to go jeans shopping with some trusted recommendations!

Hope all is well!

Super Contributor

These look great, hope you enjoy.

Hot in Hollywood MEGASTRETCH Boot-Cut Skins

Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2014 tuscanycolors said:

Love, love, love the megatretch jeans - bought two pair the last time she was on. They don't bag and fit great.

I love the megastretch too. I wish she'd bring in the flare bottomed ones. I have several pairs of the boot cuts ones and bought the new "skin" bootcut last night.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/21/2014 winamac1 said:

Love, love, love the megatretch jeans - bought two pair the last time she was on. They don't bag and fit great.

I love the megastretch too. I wish she'd bring in the flare bottomed ones. I have several pairs of the boot cuts ones and bought the new "skin" bootcut last night.

At one time, Diane Gilman did her jeans, think its still true? Also, is her sizing the same as Dianes?? TIA~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 3/21/2014 winamac1 said:

At one time, Diane Gilman did her jeans, think its still true? Also, is her sizing the same as Dianes?? TIA~

Hers run a bit smaller, but fairly similar. They are of higher quality, imo, than Diane's as she doesn't use ramie. I liked the HIH fit better when she first brought them to HSN, and now they do run a bit bigger. The feel is super soft and they are lightweight which I like.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I really like Laurie as a vendor. Her involvement in every aspect of the line comes across during presentations, she has a nice voice and uses real words; and she always conducts herself like a mature professional lady and doesn't act like a fool on camera; she never talks down to her customers; inspite of her fabulous lifestyle (amongst the rich and famous) she could put on a lot of airs and brag about owning this and that in the $1,000 original version. I sum all this up as perceiving Laurie to have a genuine respect and appreciation of the Hot in Hollywood customers.

There is one thing I'm suspicious of and that is I believe the clothes are altered for Laurie before going on air (I know items worn by Bobbi Ray Carter are altered before shows). Laurie is as small as I am, yet everything I've ordered from HIH has been a little loose or simply too big. It's ok if that's the case, and perhaps that's why she rarely says what size she is wearing in an item.

Super Contributor

Got the Hot in Hollywood boot cut jeans today. I'm probably sending them back, but I have to say I am VERY impressed. They are high quality - and most of my other jeans are 7 for mankind, buffalo and BCBG, so I'm a bit of a jean snob. They are slightly more fitted than I would like - which looks great in the front (love the thigh gap!), but in the back I look like poor mans Kim kardashian lol! I wish there were pockets on the back, and they are faded in such a way to emphasize the butt, which is not my favorite body part. Still deciding. Anyone else?

PS - they are super duper comfy!

Trusted Contributor
On 3/21/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 3/20/2014 Dosey said:

Maybe someone should tell Lynn that the brand is Hot in Hollywood, not Hot in Beverly Hills.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi Dosey, can you tell me about the INC jeans, please? It's always helpful to go jeans shopping with some trusted recommendations!

Hope all is well!

Hi, my friend! Sure, I'll tell you about INC's jeans.

I was on the board expressing my frustration with finding jeans that fit. Winamac recommended INC jeans because they came in long lengths. Much to my disappointment, I found that my store did not carry the long lengths, but I tried on a few pairs anyway. The jeans that came in curvy fit were the best for me because my waist is a size smaller than my hips. Macys had a bunch of curvy styles - flare, boot cut, narrow boot cut, skinnies, straight leg, capris, etc. - in different washes, too. I chose the curvy-fit narrow boot cut because I did not have a pair like them. Here they are.

I couldn't get the picture to come out larger. They do have a flap pocket. Some people do not like that kind of pocket, but the placement is perfect and doesn't "accentuate" my bum in a bad way. Actually, it looks pretty good in these jeans. The fabric is so soft. It has the nicest stretch but does not stretch out with wear. The waist, knees, and bum all keep their shape. Because the legs are not too wide, I can wear a loose or fitted top. The waist is not too high or too low. I love these jeans so much that I might buy another identical pair as a backup.

INC's skinny jeans are just as nice. The fit is good, and the fabric is soft like all of the other styles. The waist is a little higher than the Levis superlows. (Still like the skinny Levis that you recommended better.) I have one pair but do not see the exact style on Macy's website, so I won't post a picture.

My only gripe with INC's jeans (and many other brands) is that the sizing can vary between styles. I tried on a pair of boyfriend jeans and needed a size TWO sizes smaller than I normally wear. I ended up not buying the BF jeans only because they were so heavily distressed on the thighs (looked white, not blue) that I felt silly - like I was trying too hard. The other BF jeans online do not look as faded. I'll think about it.

If you want to try the INC jeans, I would go to the store and take a look. If what you want is not in the store, there is a good selection online.

Hope you have been well and happy. April is just next week, and it will be warming up for you very soon!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Magic, here is a link to my favorite INC jeans. I am posting it separately because whenever I post a link to another website, it always gets poofed.

Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Dosey said:
On 3/21/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 3/20/2014 Dosey said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hope all is well!

Hi, my friend! Sure, I'll tell you about INC's jeans.

I was on the board expressing my frustration with finding jeans that fit. Winamac recommended INC jeans because they came in long lengths. Much to my disappointment, I found that my store did not carry the long lengths, but I tried on a few pairs anyway. The jeans that came in curvy fit were the best for me because my waist is a size smaller than my hips. Macys had a bunch of curvy styles - flare, boot cut, narrow boot cut, skinnies, straight leg, capris, etc. - in different washes, too. I chose the curvy-fit narrow boot cut because I did not have a pair like them. Here they are.

I couldn't get the picture to come out larger. They do have a flap pocket. Some people do not like that kind of pocket, but the placement is perfect and doesn't "accentuate" my bum in a bad way. Actually, it looks pretty good in these jeans. The fabric is so soft. It has the nicest stretch but does not stretch out with wear. The waist, knees, and bum all keep their shape. Because the legs are not too wide, I can wear a loose or fitted top. The waist is not too high or too low. I love these jeans so much that I might buy another identical pair as a backup.

INC's skinny jeans are just as nice. The fit is good, and the fabric is soft like all of the other styles. The waist is a little higher than the Levis superlows. (Still like the skinny Levis that you recommended better.) I have one pair but do not see the exact style on Macy's website, so I won't post a picture.

My only gripe with INC's jeans (and many other brands) is that the sizing can vary between styles. I tried on a pair of boyfriend jeans and needed a size TWO sizes smaller than I normally wear. I ended up not buying the BF jeans only because they were so heavily distressed on the thighs (looked white, not blue) that I felt silly - like I was trying too hard. The other BF jeans online do not look as faded. I'll think about it.

If you want to try the INC jeans, I would go to the store and take a look. If what you want is not in the store, there is a good selection online.

Hope you have been well and happy. April is just next week, and it will be warming up for you very soon!

Hi Dosey!

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! After I read about the INC jeans here, I did look at them online and great minds think alike! I was most interested in the narrow boot cut. I don't currently have that leg style and do think it is a good choice for wearing boots. I actually like pockets on my bum, too. I will definitely make a point of stopping in Macy's soon!

April cannot come soon enough for us, Dosey. We have had such a difficult winter. I thought of you yesterday as I was writing a note to a relative in Myrtle Beach. I think you live in that part of the country? You are probably already experiencing beautiful weather and, hopefully, we will some day, too! LOL

Happy Spring to you and yours! And thank you, again!