Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN: Debbie Denmon is the New Host of "The List"

Pain and simple, I like her.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really enjoy Debbie and look forward to her taking over as the new host.  She brings humor and a really nice fashion sense to her shows. Most importantly she demonstrates that a lovely fashionista is not just a size small.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching both Colleen and Debbie. Both women are quite lovely and are capable of doing a good job of presenting products.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 I believe it was Nicole Hickl , she is chatty but I think she's cute and does a decent job.

Also I like Debbie D, she is very energetic and really funny to watch.  As far as Colleen IMO, I feel she is slowly cutting her hours back and has been for awhile.  Seems we see her less and less.  She is my age (60 or 61) and has been quite successful at HSN so she really doesn't need to work that many hours.  I remember a few years back she cut her on air time to work on her collections line.  I think the sales dropped somewhat because after a while she was back on air more.  Whatever it its I wish them all well, I enjoy HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl I didn't see the show but I laughed when I read your post about Tina.  She is one of the hosts I really don't care for.  She's right up there with Kerstin as it's "all about her".  She just seems to have an attitude in general.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to think that when The List first started, Debbie was Colleen's side kick.  I'm not a big DD fan.  I've watched a few times and wasn't impressed so I really don't watch anymore.

I don't know that I've ever seen Tina host a full show but there is something about her that doesn't appeal to me.  I also feel the same way about Nikole. 

I thought The LIst was ending and they were going in a completely different direction.  Honestly, the show in general didn't appeal to me.  But after that ended, I did wonder what was going on with Colleen because she barely seems to be on anymore and when she is, it was always to sell her jewelry line.  I don't see that being popular enough to be on a weekly basis but maybe it is.

Maybe if she is going to focus on her fashion line more, that means expanding it more.  I see she introduced a swimwear line so maybe that is the start.  Her line is very repetitive to me.  Lots of the same faux leather and mesh jackets, poncho tops, and toppers and maxi dresses.  Everything looks the same, just different prints and colors.  

ETA:  I just saw Colleen's post.  Looks like she will be working weekdays now.  After 28 years she finally has weekends off.  No more Saturday shopping with Colleen that was on from Noon-2 anymore either.  She said designing and curating jewelry and clothing lines for HSN is her passion and is a full time job.  

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Debbie and will watch a bit to see how things go for me.  Will miss Colleen no matter who takes over the show.  There are a few HSN programs that I check regularly so will be watching on and off.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Chi-town girl I didn't see the show but I laughed when I read your post about Tina.  She is one of the hosts I really don't care for.  She's right up there with Kerstin as it's "all about her".  She just seems to have an attitude in general.

@LindaSal - I think Tina is good as a sidekick for Amy but BR is Amy's show and it limps when Amy isn't there

i thought H was going to have a rotation of Thursday night fashion shows. The List is Colleen's baby and it should be retired. Now I understand why DD has gotten jacked up, she thinks she's Prime Time now, uggh.

Why pass on the seasoned tenured hosts like Marlo, Tamara? Sarah Anderson is also good.

Frankly, Michelle Yarn should have been chosen to host it bc she has worked closely with Colleen on that show. She is an excellent host. I think it's a mistake for H to think DD can carry it. I won't be watching or shopping it....Y'all 👎

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I think there are a lot of hosts who have more time in that could have taken over the reigns before DD.  Tamara, Lesley and Valerie to name a few.   Too bad they didn't ask us.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Well, Colleen has changed her social media pages. 

On Facebook, she is now just Colleen Lopez, no longer Colleen Lopez for HSN.  On Instagram, she's Colleen Lopez Collections, again a departure from what it used be, Colleen Lopez for HSN

Yes, she's still working for HSN,.  But changing her social media tag names seems consistent with her pulling away from a full on-air hosting presence.