Esteemed Contributor

Looked through the many pages of fashion...didn't find anything I wanted...the prices

aren't what  I'd expected...! Anyone else??? disappointed??...Woman Frustrated

Looks like I spoke too soon..just checked and had 8 alerts!!!!!!  Newer price markdowns...! Check your items girls!!!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @emmysmom!  I think HSN is adopting the Q’s pricing policies, including taking price increases on clearance merchandise.  I’ve had numerous items in my HSN wish list that first went up $0.50 and now those same items are up another $1.00.  

I used to be able to get good bargains on HSN here and there but I’m not interested in playing their pricing games.  Back in the day, HSN knew how to have a sale and their clearance prices seemed to really move merchandise.  I suspect their warehouses are filling with old goods just like the Q’s.  It is rare for me to get an alert on my wishlist items that they are almost sold out.

Very disappointing since Qurate took over but predictable.

Trusted Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @emmysmom!  I think HSN is adopting the Q’s pricing policies, including taking price increases on clearance merchandise.  I’ve had numerous items in my HSN wish list that first went up $0.50 and now those same items are up another $1.00.  

I used to be able to get good bargains on HSN here and there but I’m not interested in playing their pricing games.  Back in the day, HSN knew how to have a sale and their clearance prices seemed to really move merchandise.  I suspect their warehouses are filling with old goods just like the Q’s.  It is rare for me to get an alert on my wishlist items that they are almost sold out.

I feel exactly the same way.  They used to have such great clearance sales, now they are a QVC copycat.  Bummer

Contributor

@MJDinVegasI couldn't have said it better myself!  HSN's clearance days used to mean real discounts, but now I'm noticing that many of the clearance prices remain the same as they were before they were classified as "clearance".  Booo

Respected Contributor

@emmysmom  Same here. I looked through it, and I didn't find anything I wanted.  It is fine, because I really don't have any money to spend right now, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

Looked through the many pages of fashion...didn't find anything I wanted...the prices aren't what  I'd expected...! Anyone else??? disappointed??...Woman Frustrated

@emmysmom - hey sweetie!  I haven't had a chance to review the clearance items but appreciate your post/alert.  

You know that H has a couple of really deep discounted clearance events annually and this is not one of them. Plus they always save the best clearance deals for the shows or day of the event.

I'm going to review now but also will check early Sat morning to see if there is anything from my wishlist and/or Marla items. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom - I checked my order history the crazy good deals we scored for Marla's items was in June. I think there are 2 of those deep clearance events annually and we might see one soon. I think they are semi annual. Maybe just before the new Spring collections are posted?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The clearance has been going on for a while.....and there aren't many goodies left at rock- bottom prices

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Ita..I've seen things I've had in my favorites go up in price!!! Yep...its a Q clone..no more BARGAINS! Woman Sad

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@emmysmom  Same here. I looked through it, and I didn't find anything I wanted.  It is fine, because I really don't have any money to spend right now, anyway.

Me neither..spending on my kids!..Christmas is almost here! Look at it this way..more money saved! My new go to store..TARJAY!  Woman Wink

-- Mae West