Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SEE THESE UGLY SHOES?

I love the brand.... I seek them out.  Clarks are very comfy and the customer service is great.  I had a pair, left in the closet, finally opened and something happened to the sole.  They replaced it... no questions asked and they were over 5 years old.  Sent me a catalog link and told me to pick out anything I wanted f ree of charge.  I kid you not. 

I usually buy the style --- Mary Jane --- and I use them on the dance floor. This style is prevalent if you dance but the SO CALLED REAL DANCE SHOE IS A MENACE TO THE FEET DANCING OVER 3 HOURS.  I just wear my Clark version and I can dance for hours.

I don't like this particular style as presented but I stand by the  brand and the other choices.  

Valued Contributor

Such a bold statement to be made into a headline! It always makes me laugh to see what folks will post anonymously. Imagine them sitting in a restaurant, and leaning across their table to shout at the neighboring diner, "Ooh! Why are you ordering THAT? That tastes like 7&#3$!!"  Do you suppose that person would than add, "Hey! While I'm at it..your outfit's ugly, too!"?

Esteemed Contributor

Since you have been posting since 2011 you obviously have been a Q customer for quite a while.  You should know by now that "stylish" and QVC do not go together.

As a disclaimer let me say that I ordered those "ugly" shoes but then I value foot comfort over style.

Respected Contributor

OK I had to go take a look at the "ugly" shoes.  I don't know what I was expecting because I thought espadrille meant something else, but huh?  They are plain, basic shoes that you see everywhere.  Nothing horrid about them IMO.

Honored Contributor

They look matronly to me.  Especially bad is the yellow shade.  Looks like  mustard gone bad. 

Respected Contributor

I like Clarks shoes, but the TSV is from their Ruth Buzzi line.  I refuse to wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@MacDUFF  I think that's funny too.  But don't give up, you just haven't found those lost lids yet.

How can these shoes be called ugly?  They are so basic.  It's like calling a t-shirt ugly. 

I think the jute around the bottom will show dirt pretty quickly.  Somewhere here another poster recommended spraying them with something, not sure what.  That could be worth doing.

Hi @Another new name Sue

I wore espadrilles pretty much nonstop during the 70s when the Jacques Cohen was in style.  I LOVED those shoes and had them in many colors.  They had the rope/jute trim and I don't recall it was ever an issue with them getting dirty.  I wore them until the canvas tops wore thin.

(They were also favorite footwear on the Charlie's Angels show back then.) 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Isn't Secretariat the name of a dead horse?Cat Wink

Trusted Contributor

Like all clothing/shoes, certain styles do not look good on everyone.  I bought 2 pairs from Talbots last year.  They were comfy and cute.  Depends on the person.  Either they look good on your feet or not.  I like wearing them with cropped chinos and jeans.  When it gets super hot, then it's sandal time.

In my opinion, they aren't matronly at all, unless the person wearing them has a matronly appearance.  

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

Like all clothing/shoes, certain styles do not look good on everyone.  I bought 2 pairs from Talbots last year.  They were comfy and cute.  Depends on the person.  Either they look good on your feet or not.  I like wearing them with cropped chinos and jeans.  When it gets super hot, then it's sandal time.

In my opinion, they aren't matronly at all, unless the person wearing them has a matronly appearance.  

I think they would look best on a taller person.  I am only 5'3".  Once I was shopping and wearing a pair of Clarks clogs that I admit had seen better days and got a look at my feet in the mirror in the shoe department.  I wanted to run home and change!  They looked so tremendously bad on me with my stub legs.  If one has legs that go on for miles, one can wear any shoe.