Honored Contributor

Re: HOST PLEASE

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

As one of those llittle old ladies who depend on QVC for background noise, company, staying abreast of what the normal world is experiencing, I would like to ask for a bit of compassion from those whose lives overflow with love and light and health and abundance and fill the void in different ways.   

Why deflect the concern for another person's contentment with the "Angels" solution ?  

Can you not simply acknowledge what is being communicated ?

Can you not just assume there is validity in that person's observations?

Why imply that a fix is required?  Why assume the person referred to has not exhausted available sources of assistance,  if assistance is indeed required ?  

The Get A Life attitude is comfortable for those unassailed by health issues, life's traumatic events, war, societal decay, the demise of the family, the community ........... 

ITA, and speak from experience.

But unfortunately, there's an ever-increasing amount of narrow-minded people who instantly "assume-then-judge".

Like a knee-jerk reaction.

Little to no empathy for all other living beings is a tragic result of some of today's culture, plus the way many children are being raised.

Especially in this arrogant country of ours.

Hugs to you, CoG...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOST PLEASE

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

@CoG wrote:

As one of those llittle old ladies who depend on QVC for background noise, company, staying abreast of what the normal world is experiencing, I would like to ask for a bit of compassion from those whose lives overflow with love and light and health and abundance and fill the void in different ways.   

Why deflect the concern for another person's contentment with the "Angels" solution ?  

Can you not simply acknowledge what is being communicated ?

Can you not just assume there is validity in that person's observations?

Why imply that a fix is required?  Why assume the person referred to has not exhausted available sources of assistance,  if assistance is indeed required ?  

The Get A Life attitude is comfortable for those unassailed by health issues, life's traumatic events, war, societal decay, the demise of the family, the community ........... 

ITA, and speak from experience.

But unfortunately, there's an ever-increasing amount of narrow-minded people who instantly "assume-then-judge".

Like a knee-jerk reaction.

Little to no empathy for all other living beings is a tragic result of some of today's culture, plus the way many children are being raised.

Especially in this arrogant country of ours.

Hugs to you, CoG..

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, CoG and Feline  ---- I am floored!!! I am the person who suggested the "Angels" assistance.   I have made that suggetion to several elderly people in the past, with excellent results. It was because of my concern , compassion and acknowledging the communication that I suggested that option.  Why would you presume to think that I was deflecting anything or was suggesting a quick fix??  I do think it is so sad that any person has to depend on TV hosts' stories to feel like they are  communicating with the world.  And as far as your statements of  "unassailed by health issues, life's traumatic events ,  I have been living through those events for several years!   

And I am not in any way narrow minded nor without       empathy, you do not know me.  I worked for over 4O years as a social worker and have experience in HELPING people who are in need...which, by the way, is what I was trying to offer. 

Again, just suggesting an option for someone who is living a life where TV is the life contact.  You don't have to agree with me, but there is no reason to make the negative judgements you both made in your posts. 

Please do not ever presume to think for me - you do not know me  .....

Honored Contributor

I believe that the frustration is waiting for pertinent information while the hosts and vendors are yakking about vacations, kids, dogs, etc.  As was mentioned upthread.... please give ALL the sizing, color and pertinent info FIRST and THEN Chit Chat... go back to the information again... THEN Chit Chat.  

I don't believe anyone has meant to cut out any of the personal stuff going on.... but those of us who are interesting in buying something need the information FIRST, so we can orde before it's sold out....  that's all....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

Hosts Actual Sizing Do they tell the truth???

I have been watching Caroline and also Leah Williams on various fashion shows and no way are these women a large.  They have to be a 1x at least.  I dont feel they are telling the truth on their sizing.  Also Jayne states she wears a small??? Come on ladies.  If there sizes are what they say the camera must put 20 pounds on them.   I dont buy very much fashion any longer from QVC, Denim and Company is like a senior citizens brand and even GILI is way overpriced and the quality is not there.  The ladies seem like they are nice personalities but I dont find any of them all that stylish at all, back to Iman on HSN and Giuliana Rancic also on HSN their clothes are fashion foward and don't cost an arm and a leg like the GILI line and are great quality. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Actual Sizing Do they tell the truth???

I don't understand why people get so caught up in what size anyone is .... first, the camera does add about `15 pounds, and QVC sizing is vanity sizing, so the actual picture you get is seriously distorted.  

Not to mention, the stylists put them in clothes at least one size too small for them ... go figure.

Respected Contributor

I'd be happy if they would just show the colors FIRST! How hard can THAT be? Then they can blah blah all they want about themselves and their family. That's what the mute button is for.