Valued Contributor

Host please allow the guests to speak without getting long winded about your own personal information.After all information has been given for shoppers to make purchases than it would be wonderful to hear how your weekend was spent, etc.   I have watched many items sell out or the time expire while I waited and wished I could hear about the item being sold and sizing.  I really enjoy the hosts that state only what size they are wearing and how that size relates to their normal fit.  At this point, it would be wonderful to hear the guest speak without interruption.  I do also appreciate any host that ask the models what size they are wearing in garments.  It certainly helps me to make purchases in the correct sizes with fewer returns.    More information equates to more sales.

Honored Contributor

Re: HOST PLEASE

[ Edited ]

I totally agree! Thank you for posting this. I appreciate the hosts that give all the pertinent information first. I also like the programs that show you right off the bat what is going to be displayed, with item number, etc. I am seeing more of that than I did in the beginning of my QVC experience.

Valued Contributor

I agree.  I just wish they would describe the product and move on. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also agree...I don't care to hear tales about trips, personal issues, family stories etc.  The hosts are sales people and nothing more!  I always thought that was what the blogs were for...The personal stories do not make me want to hear/see the host more nor do they make the hosts appear more friendly.  Would you like to have your Wal Mart checkers tell you their life story??  I just want to hear about the item being presented.

Trusted Contributor
I have an elderly friend in her 90's. She has no other human contact sometimes for days. She has QVC on probably 12 hours a day. She doesn't buy things anymore like she once did but she enjoys listening to their stories so don't be so quick to judge the hosts for sharing their life stories.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:
I have an elderly friend in her 90's. She has no other human contact sometimes for days. She has QVC on probably 12 hours a day. She doesn't buy things anymore like she once did but she enjoys listening to their stories so don't be so quick to judge the hosts for sharing their life stories.

-------------------------

Not judging at all, just my opinion.  I hardly ever watch QVC  anymore because I don't care to hear all their life's stories. Am sorry for your friend... too bad she doesn't contact one those programs - "Angels " something.  They will assign a person to check up on her and spend time with her.   I feel for anyone that has to get their daily/weekly human contact from a TV channel. 

Valued Contributor

I fully understand where you are coming from Lori Kaye regarding some that enjoy the banter.  I have a parent that enjoys it also.  My point is let the vendor explain the item and give sizing information First and then while we order chat.  Many times the item goes off the air and the vendor was never able to complete the information they wanted to relay.  

Respected Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

I fully understand where you are coming from Lori Kaye regarding some that enjoy the banter.  I have a parent that enjoys it also.  My point is let the vendor explain the item and give sizing information First and then while we order chat.  Many times the item goes off the air and the vendor was never able to complete the information they wanted to relay.  

Sounds reasonable!

Occasional Contributor

I so agree with you!!  So often the hosts and  models have a jacket on and can't even button or zip.  Is that the way they wear their clothing?  Tell us YOUR measurments and the AND the SIZE YOU are wearing.  Then we can judge if we wnat to have form fitting clothing or something we can actually button!!  I am so happy you have a great pet...but...I am shopping!!

Trusted Contributor

As one of those llittle old ladies who depend on QVC for background noise, company, staying abreast of what the normal world is experiencing, I would like to ask for a bit of compassion from those whose lives overflow with love and light and health and abundance and fill the void in different ways.   

Why deflect the concern for another person's contentment with the "Angels" solution ?  

Can you not simply acknowledge what is being communicated ?

Can you not just assume there is validity in that person's observations?

Why imply that a fix is required?  Why assume the person referred to has not exhausted available sources of assistance,  if assistance is indeed required ?  

The Get A Life attitude is comfortable for those unassailed by health issues, life's traumatic events, war, societal decay, the demise of the family, the community ...........