Contributor

HOPPING THE Q ADRESSES THE NEEDS OF THIS CUSTOMER BASE TOO1

Can't help but notice that tunic and longer tops make women look larger than they really are and top heavy and even though they cover the butt they also cling to it and accent it.... Not a good look for anyone.....If you are high waisted forget about it....Please offer more regular and shorter length tops for those gals that can't and shouldn't  wear tunics.. For those that can, enjoy, as there are many offered.

Also, as the sizes increase, the top lenghth measurement gets longer. Please , many gals may be a size large or bigger but only 5' 4" or under making these tops way too long on them.

Looking at the models , one can see my point... many ladies are not a size small even though they are short...And the taller , larger models such as Maria and Jackie ,( my 2 favorites) look top heavy while wearing tunics and longer tops.

I hope the Q adresses the needs of this customer base too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOPPING THE Q ADRESSES THE NEEDS OF THIS CUSTOMER BASE TOO1

I totally agree......tunics make me look like a bag...i have all my weight in the middle......................and the other fact you pointed out which always bothered me was they increase the length of items as the size gets larger......i am not a tall person but am mainly XL and at times 1X...........and just because you have to wear a larger size doesn't mean you need a longer length..............

Respected Contributor

@9531

This post might get the attention it deserves in the "Suggestion Box" forum.

Honored Contributor

I ALWAYS read comments about length, because this IS a difficult point when mass market selling ladies’ wear.

My situation, as a short, very long waisted woman, OP, is the opposite of yours.

MY waist is literally just on top of my hip bones, and I have short legs, so shorter garments, even shorter tunics, cause me to look poorly proportioned and emphasize how short my legs are.

I do check the lengths of all the clothes I buy, especially on QVC, because of this.

I just bought the Logo Lavish waffle knit sweater as a LTS, and I was tickled to find that the length is great for me, but I imagine it could be too long for you. 

Thanks for posting this !

Honored Contributor

I wish someone would!  The problem extends far beyond the shopping networks.

I'm fortunate to have a fair amount of clothing I like, so not buying much at all for most of this year isn't terrible.  Still, I'd buy something new if I could find what I like.  Sad to say that right now I think I look better in my past purchases than in much of anything I've seen whether that's here, there, or wherever.

Yesterday I picked up a new top at Costco -  it's going back tomorrow.  Too clingy and the next size up won't fit well over my narrow shoulders.  Darn -  I wanted to like it.

Honored Contributor

You all notice even Walmart  clothes are  long  enough for a trench coat ?

You see something kind of cute, so, you go over hold   it up to you and it's down to your knees LOL   I'm 5'5, and this stuff is for a giraffe.

I like Denim and Co. lengths on their clothes. Wear a 28 in pant so they consider that petite. One time they bought  out capri's that were 28 and I bought and use for slacks. LOL    No hemming.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m petite & have short legs.I find tunics to be very flattering on me.I just have to find the right ones.I find them to be elongating.

Respected Contributor

Nothing could make me look top heavy 😎

Esteemed Contributor

I totally disagree with the OP! Women who are larger who wear shorter tops look much, much larger than they are. It’s just an unfortunate look when large women wear shorter tops.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Nothing could make me look top heavy 😎

your so lucky ! people haven't looked at my face since I was 15 LOL