Trusted Contributor

What, in mens sizing, would a 1X eaqual ?   Would it be a XXL or is 2X an XXL?  Thank you all in advance. I should know this. But lately I'ev just been second guessing myself on everything.  Trying to shop for men has been a nighmare this year !

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

What, in mens sizing, would a 1X eaqual ?   Would it be a XXL or is 2X an XXL?  Thank you all in advance. I should know this. But lately I'ev just been second guessing myself on everything.  Trying to shop for men has been a nighmare this year !

best to look at the brand's sizing chart

or before you go shopping measure  the waist or chest at armpit to compare with the garments you find

of course you will need a tape measure with you 

Esteemed Contributor

It's confused me too - but listening to Q about women's clothing.........I think

1X is a little larger than X = large

Above that size ---I think ----- size increases by a lot.

My husband was a 1X - 205 lbs 5'8" and no huge belly

Perha[s you can find a size chart and compare X against 1X

Honored Contributor

Better that you shop at a store like Macys as you can ask someone and I am sure they would have a size chart.  Also, did you Goggle your question?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

HELP! I need somebody

HELP! Not just anybody.

HELP! You know I need someone.

HELP!

@Silver Fox1  Sorry, I saw your thread title and just couldn't Help! myself. 🎵  😄

Respected Contributor

@Silver Fox1   Generally an xxl men's is 2x.  I just googled also and it said that the 2x may be a little roomier than xxl

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Better that you shop at a store like Macys as you can ask someone and I am sure they would have a size chart.  Also, did you Goggle your question?

last time I was in A Macys finding someone was not easy, 

size chart???? they would not have a clue

Honored Contributor

Go to a site that sells both men and women clothing.   Write down women mesurements and then go to the mens size chart and compare.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

And wherever you shop, measurements will vary by brand.

I would measure something which fits well and use those measurements to shop.

Regular Contributor

Good luck if you can find anyone to help you in Macys's or any other store.  If you do, chances are great that they couldn't answer question anyway.