Valued Contributor

HELP with measurements, please..ty!

Hi there,

Okay, so I need to get a new winter coat. I don't have much money, so I am opting to do the easy pay, but I want to make sure it's actually going to fit, BEFORE I order it lol (I cannot afford to have my $$ tied up in a return/exchange AND be cold lol)

I had bought a SG coat a couple years back, and size wise it's okay, but its just time for a new jacket, it doesn't keep me very warm at all.

I always see folks say to watch the measurements so you can hopefully avoid returns/exchanges, so that is what I'd like to do, but I need a little help, b/c to be honest I don't understand all the descriptions. I hope someone can help me decide if I should buy a Large or XL in the NEW jacket. The old SG coat is a size XL. 

Can someone please look/compare these and tell me what size I should buy in the new coat? (L or XL) TYSM!!!

I don't know how to copy the actual size graph for each item, forgive me (I tried to copy and save as, but it didn't work for some reason). I can provide the item numbers though.

The OLD coat that fits in an XL is: A238115

The NEW coat I want is: A369052

I really appreciate anyone taking the time to look and tell me what they think! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Re: HELP with measurements, please..ty!

[ Edited ]

Do you know your body measurements?  The first link was not active..I copied the measurements of each size,  large and x large, so we need to use your measurements to fit you

Super Contributor

I checked both jackets and the New one:A369052 is down (which is so warm).  and the sizes run 2 inches bigger in the chest, 1 1/2 inches larger in the waist , and it is longer and that means the sweep, which is the bottom opening is narrower.  this is in size LX.

I hope this helps,      

Honored Contributor

@aoldgirl  how did you find the other coat. When I tried the link it doesn't work?

Respected Contributor

If the measurements on the new coat are larger than the old one, it may be because of the down filling.  If the coat is thicker, that will add to the measurement, even though it's still the same size on the inside of the coat.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@cherry  Hi there, thank you so much for trying to help me out. I just go to QVC . COM and I enter in the item # and then I scroll down and click on "specific garment measurements". 

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@aoldgirl wrote:

I checked both jackets and the New one:A369052 is down (which is so warm).  and the sizes run 2 inches bigger in the chest, 1 1/2 inches larger in the waist , and it is longer and that means the sweep, which is the bottom opening is narrower.  this is in size LX.

I hope this helps,      

@aoldgirl  tysm! That definitely helps!! So, you think I should go w/ an XL then like before? I think a L would probably be too small/tight ya know? Thx again :-)

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

I did that @BrandiDavis  but I could not pull up your SG coat, that page is gone

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Do you know your body measurements?  The first link was not active..I copied the measurements of each size,  large and x large, so we need to use your measurements to fit you

@cherry I do not, but I have one of those flexible measuring tapes...It's like fabric or something. Let me go measure my bust, chest (above my bust), and waist? You think that would be sufficient? 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Yes and your hips too