Honored Contributor

Re: HEIGHT OF MODELS NOT MUCH HELP

I've said this over and over again, I don't care about the models' sizes at all.  Nothing about it helps me.  Nothing about a hosts' size helps me.  Women can be the same height and weight and take different sizes because of their build. And everyone who wears a size 8 isn't built the same, doesn't carry their weight the same, etc.

Not to mention, over the last couple of months, several times it has been pointed out that the info. they are putting up for the models is incorrect.  Fairly recently I was watching a clothing show on Q2 hosted by Nancy. They put her information up and she said it was all wrong.   

Honored Contributor

Yes I do like to know how the height of the model. It helps to know where the garment will fall on me. I would like to see more sizes of models since most buyers are not 5’10” and wear XXS. I tuned in the other day when they were showing swimsuits and appreciated the different body types.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I've said this over and over again, I don't care about the models' sizes at all.  Nothing about it helps me.  Nothing about a hosts' size helps me.  Women can be the same height and weight and take different sizes because of their build. And everyone who wears a size 8 isn't built the same, doesn't carry their weight the same, etc.

Not to mention, over the last couple of months, several times it has been pointed out that the info. they are putting up for the models is incorrect.  Fairly recently I was watching a clothing show on Q2 hosted by Nancy. They put her information up and she said it was all wrong.   

This is right up there, to me, with people who try to say that someone can't possibly be wearing a size "X" because they look bigger than that on TV. And I'm not talking about people who are not wearing the proper size. I'm talking about the case where a garment actually fits someone, but people claim she's lying about the size she has on. I think one of the more helpful things they ask the models is whether they sized up (or down) from the size they usually wear when they model Q clothing.

Super Contributor

Also, the height of those models has no regard to the inseam.  My BFF is 4'11" and she has a 28" inseam.  Me I'm 5'7", and I have a 28 1/2" inseam.  So folks are Long Waisted or short waisted.  Its best to take a pair of pants that fits you just right and measure the inseam.   And it really would nice if those models, would turn (slowly) around.  other wise its like cataloge.   Rant Over...for now!

New Contributor

I agree totally. What would be helpful in addition to hip and bust measurement is the model's inseam. This would show how the length falls. You could be 5'4" or 5' 8" and have a 30" inseam.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  The only size chart that is accurate is the one under the description "click here."   Sometimes that is off but rarely.  I think they need to have a plus size petite model and some regular height models 5'6 and 5'7.  I am 5'7 and all the regular models are 5'9 and up.  It would also be EXTREMELY helpful if the host would mention if the garment runs big, small or normal.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The more info, the better (for me).  I have long legs.  I'm not crazy about dresses that are too short (on me/myself).  Although, I must say that the Q usually doesn't offer dresses that are very, very short. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

It helps me; I can see how long the sleeve length is, the pants length, the length of the top, etc.

Quite a few times I've seen something that looks really nice and then I find out the model is 5'6. Then they bring out Kate who is 5'10 and in the same size...the sleeves are much shorter or the top length is much shorter and suddenly, the item doesn't look as good as it did on the shorter model. Money saved.

So many things are an illusion in selling items; you may think the furniture is XYZ size because it looks large but that's because the model sitting on the chair is 5 feet tall. Knowing the height of the person provides me with the correct "body proportion" I need to see if it will work for my tall frame.

@SahmIam  I’d like height given, but also the models’ measurements. Someone 5’ tall can have a 36C bust (like me)....that makes a huge difference what size top I’d order. Just knowing her height only shows me the length on her.

Esteemed Contributor

In general, the more information I get about a garment, the better it is for my purchasing decisions. However, just about all the models are quite tall and I am 5’3.“ Actual inseam lengths, bust measurements, sleeve and garment lengths are essential for me. Sometimes QVC guards that information as if it were top secret. I’ve been burned too many times and I have learned that in the absence of such information, I err on the side of NOT buying.

Honored Contributor

So, I thought...'I can't stand it!  I have to post how stupid it is to put the model's height up on the screen with their size'.

Then I saw @Shanus post which said similar.  This is crazy!  Unless they tell the model's weight it doesn't help at all.  They are all pretty much the same height, so what!

You know, I was thinking....as far as women have come working toward equal .....well most things...they are still hung up on telling their weight.  I'm not any different....

It's frustrating because sometimes QVC posts the measurements and.....sometimes....they don't.

I've often thought you could tell who's posting things on the screen because it's probably the same people who do and don't (post the measurements).

I've called QVC so many times asking them to please, please post the measurements.  THEN they magically pop up on the screen (after I've asked Customer Service to do it).

When I've asked the phone screeners, they give me some weird numbers that make absolutely no sense (I don't know what they are looking at).

I'm watching Isaac's show with Antonella and so far I have not seen any posting on the inches per size.

It's difficult enough to buy something when not touching in person, this is extremely difficult.

No matter what QVC says their sizing is not uniform.  I buy a lot of clothes and I can tell you Joan River's clothes usually run a little larger and so on.  The sizing is not uniform.

While I'm here....I'll take the time to post that petite to most people (ME) means length....NOT the length between waist and crotch.

Jeanne Bice knew that.  When Angel is on she always acknowledges that fact.

AGAIN, to most people petite means the length of the pants, not the inches (being shorter) from the waist to the crotch. 

Phew!  I feel so much better.  Not that it's going to make a difference....but I DO feel BETTER.