Honored Contributor

Re: H by Halston

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I never could understand why brands like this still have their appeal to buyers. Just like Joan Rivers and Jeane Bice fashions, where all of them are dead. Loyalty must run deep.

@SilleeMee  I think what's sad is when a brand could have evolved with it's original namesake/owner so it could evolve with fashion styles,  But now it's stuck trying to be the same brand of decades ago.    

Denim & Co. can grow by introducing D&C Naturals, and D&C Beach, while still keeping it's steady/old items it's had for decades.  

I would not be surprised at all if Quacker Factory and Joan Rivers don't survive another 5 years.  They are trying to keep up with fashion styles little by little though.  QF has more "Quiet Quacker" designs, and they introduced a couple of shorter length (non-tunic) tops.  Joan Rivers is doing more contemporary jewelry (I love their newer hoop earrings), and less of the Starlight necklaces and the bee pins.  Even the JR boyfriend shirts are making way for more tailored denim and and a couple of newer styles.  But too little too late???

If they move too far too fast, shoppers scream that "Joan would never design that!!" or "Angel has run QF into the ground, poor Jeanne!!"   

Respected Contributor

A favorite qvc top of mine is a plain black rayon/span by Halston which is perfectly comfortable and an excellent backdrop for jewelry.  

I watched "Halston" and it was gripping and terribly sad.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I never could understand why brands like this still have their appeal to buyers. Just like Joan Rivers and Jeanne Bice fashions, where all of them (the original designers) are dead. Loyalty must run deep.

@SilleeMee My purchase of Halston fashions in QVC has nothing to do with the brand name.  I don't think the QVC clothes look anything like the glamorous Halston fashions I remember from my childhood.  I don't buy brands.  If I did, I probably wouldn't shop here.  QVC is not a great name.  I bought Halston based on a presentation by Cameron on how the garment was constructed.  The materials and designs were nice enough for work and appealed to me.  I looked up the measurements and the garments looked like they would fit me well.  They did.  I don't think I was disappointed once.  I bought many items.  I thought the quality was good, and the materials held up their good appearance throughout long work days.

Honored Contributor

I only began ordering a few Halston items as the brand was on the way out the door and I bought everything on sale.

I bought either 3 or 4 knit t-shirt type tops and I love them all and wear them constantly.  I wish I could get more. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I only began ordering a few Halston items as the brand was on the way out the door and I bought everything on sale.

I bought either 3 or 4 knit t-shirt type tops and I love them all and wear them constantly.  I wish I could get more.

EBAY

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to see H by Halston go. I own about a dozen of their tops & love them . I don't care for the Halston stuff sold on HSN.