Honored Contributor

I love a lot of Halston's tops but not when they are 98% modal and 2% spandex (just an example).  All modal is not for me.  Now cotton 60% and 40% modal works (I bought a tee top by Logo) and it is soft and feels like cotton.  All modal is too stretchy and cheap feeling.  Anyone else against the all modal or do you like it?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I purchased a TSV top from Halston last year, I need to check the fabric content...I should have sent it back, very thin fabric, and I am busty....not a good look.  I think I purchased a xsmall or small, it fits ok in the shoulders but the thin fabric clings in the bust area.

Honored Contributor

I found this for you.  Since the Halston brand is more progressive, I expect a little more from Cameron.

Maybe this will help.

Modal fabric is extremely hard-wearing and keeps its shape and finish, even after frequent washing. These properties make it useful as an underwear fabric. Its silky texture also makes it comfortable for close-fitting intimate wear. Modal underwear is also often blended with a stretch fiber, as well as cotton, but it stays breathable. Unlike garments made from synthetic fibers like nylon and polyester, Modal underwear does not trap perspiration and odors. Modal is up to 50 percent more absorbent than cotton, so clothes never feel sweaty and sticky.

Respected Contributor

I like it. Flows and drapes perfectly on me. 

Esteemed Contributor
I have so many H by Halston modal tops and I love everyone. I love the feel of them and I turn them inside out and wash them in cold water and hang to dry. Perfect
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1.  My problem with Halston tops is that most of them are so thin  They're too thin for winter wear causing the wear to be too cold and they cling badly.  Cameron has some nice styles and colors but I've quit buying the line for those reasons.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
I prefer this fabric.
Trusted Contributor

I like both the blends and the 98%. I find that it drapes beautifully and washes and wears like a dream.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Re: H by Halston

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I love a lot of Halston's tops but not when they are 98% modal and 2% spandex (just an example).  All modal is not for me.  Now cotton 60% and 40% modal works (I bought a tee top by Logo) and it is soft and feels like cotton.  All modal is too stretchy and cheap feeling.  Anyone else against the all modal or do you like it?

@Katcat1  Not all modal is created equally, like not all polyester is created equally.  I have items of modal from Eileen Fisher and Ivanka Trump that I love.  I have seen and worn others that I don't care for.

Honored Contributor

Apparently there is an excess of modal because it's the latest fabric du jour on QVC and they are all bragging about using it and how expensive it is.