Contributor

I'm watching Halston on Netflix. So good. Decided to check on H at the Q.  Has the line totally moved to HSN? Wonder why? I thought Cameron did well on the Q. Just curious. I have several pieces that I like a lot. TY

Honored Contributor

Here's what I see.  QVC has 63 items.  Nothing new has been coming in on QVC for some time.  HSN has 18 winter items.  Nothing new for Spring, Summer.

He was on Katrina Szish List a week or two ago.  

Has a new curly hairdo.  

That's all I know.  

Contributor

Thx. What's Katrini Szish? Is that a joke? LOL

Honored Contributor

@Macadoo wrote:

@Macadoo - Katrina Szish is a QVC host. She was a fashion editor for a lot of years and has a lot of connections. She hosts "The Szish List" late at night (or early, early morning depending on where you live). She always has a panel of experts on who comment on the items. I notice other QVC shows are starting to copy that format. I enjoy her show and I learn a lot about fashion!   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Macadoo I liked H by Halston too.  Looks like QVC discontinued the line.  It was a shame to see it go.  I don't know that the QVC line is the same as the HSN line, the Halston brand is usually sold as a license, so the manufacturers can be anyone.  I believe there are other lines with that name.  Cameron was not the line's designer, I believe he is a stylist, and he represented the line on air in QVC.  Now he appears on QVC occasionally to comment on items shown on a QVC show called the Szish List.  I am guessing he does other things too.

Honored Contributor

Re: H by Halston

[ Edited ]
@Macadoo wrote:

@Macadoo 

No, it's not a joke. 

Katrina is a QVC host who hosts a program at 1:00 am every Friday called Katrina Szish List.  

Honored Contributor
I didn’t buy any Halston until recent clearance - pants. Bought one pair and like them so much I went back and bought 2 more!
Honored Contributor

I assumed Q now owns many of the clothing lines shown. I think Halston stood alone and the profit line was less than what Q recieved form those other lines. 

I own many Halston idems from tops to sweaters and a few accessories.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Macadoo   H by Halston on QVC is gone.  What they have left in inventory is still online and occasionally on air to basically get rid of it.

H Halston, a different branch of the brand, is now on air on HSN -- it's not the same line.  Same parent company, different design focus and strategy.

Cameron appears on Katrina Szish's The Szish List as a style expert.  Katrina has style experts and guest designers on her weekly show to discuss all of the show's items. 

Cameron right now has Pop-Up stores in different states around the country.  For the month of May his Pop-Up store is in a Maui hotel/resort.  He sells things from his Decades store there, plus other designers he collaborates with.  

The designer Halston sold his name back in the 80's.  There have been several branches of the Halston brand, all existing as separate entities.

Xcel Brands owns H by Halston and H Halston.  Xcel Brands also owns the Isaac Mizrahi brand, LOGO by Lori Goldstein, Judith Ripka, C. Wonder, and others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never could understand why brands like this still have their appeal to buyers. Just like Joan Rivers and Jeanne Bice fashions, where all of them (the original designers) are dead. Loyalty must run deep.