Honored Contributor

Re: H by Halston leaving QVC?

Halston had a better line than what the Q sells at some of the better department stores but that went away.  I suppose it did not catch on.  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I use to like Halston until they started using a cheap grade of Modal in their tops.  I stopped buying.

huh? Wha exactly do you think is a cheap grade of Modal and how would you know?

Modal is a fabric made from beech trees and combined most often with cotton and a bit of spandex. The % of each fabric may change but there is no such think as a cheap grade of Modal itself 

Respected Contributor

Xcel Brands owns the trademarks for Halston, Halston Heritage, H by Halston and H Halston.   Xcel Brands (on their website) says they partner with QVC, Hudson Bay, Dillard’s and Lord & Taylor.   I don’t know if they are leaving QVC but if they do there are a few other retailers that carry that brand. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

blackhole99:

The Halston rep, I guess designer is what he would prefer, forget his name, he was one of the few designers I enjoyed. Sorry to see him goSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Way to start a rumor.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:
Clearance not cleaner

@Teddixat   Really? Pointing out a spelling error...most likely spellcheck?  Happy Holidays.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
Clearance not cleaner

@Teddixat   Really? Pointing out a spelling error...most likely spellcheck?  Happy Holidays.

@Shanus, she was correcting her own spelling error, not someone else's.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I use to like Halston until they started using a cheap grade of Modal in their tops.  I stopped buying.

huh? Wha exactly do you think is a cheap grade of Modal and how would you know?

Modal is a fabric made from beech trees and combined most often with cotton and a bit of spandex. The % of each fabric may change but there is no such think as a cheap grade of Modal itself 

@PinkSunset, there is cheap cashmere, silk, cotton, rayon, etc. so I would think there could be cheap modal.  I have no idea.  Maybe it's not the modal itself that is cheap but rather what it is combined with that cheapens it?  

The tops that I have are not 100% modal, they are all a modal/spandex blend.  I personally love the feel of them and so far they have washed well and worn well.  I'll see how long they last.     

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat   Apologies for my comments about correcting spelling....didn't realize you were correcting yourself. 😔

Esteemed Contributor

I love H by Halston, and was just looking for something and noticed the same thing, everything on clearance!  H by Halston has been a great fir for me, with my short torso and wider hips.  If it's gone, I will really miss it.  I also loved the defunct C Wonder line, which had high quality styling.  It was great for work clothes.