Valued Contributor

Re: H by Halston leaving QVC?

@bonappetit  

@bonappetit wrote:

blackhole99:

The Halston rep, I guess designer is what he would prefer, forget his name, he was one of the few designers I enjoyed. Sorry to see him goSmiley Sad

He's going somewhere? How do you know that?

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

I read your comment and I agree.  A few months ago I bought 2 tops in modal; they looked good on air.  When I got them, I was disappointed.  The fabric seemed droopy and shapeless.  I can't even remember what I did with them but I don't have them anymore.  I did not order from Halston after that.

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat 

"Cleaner shows;"  I have never heard the term.  It's a good expression though.  I think I get the meaning: they are cleaning out all the inventory to the point there is nothing left and the line is discontinued.  Hasta la vista, baby!

Esteemed Contributor

I have thought that both the H by Halston clothes and the Isaac Mizrahi clothes carried by Hudson's Bay are very hit and miss. Especially the H by Halston clothes are very boxy and the colors are bland and unappealing. You might find a treasure in the store but you would have to look through a lot of clothes there to find it. 

But Hudson's Bay is a retailer who I think is going the way of other retailers. They are stuck in the past (the suburban stores are straight out of 1980) and I wouldn't be surprised to see them close stores or eventually go out of business as they are losing money.