Honored Contributor

Re: Guys always look so comfortable in their clothes.

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I am always comfortable in my clothing.  I gravitate towards natural fabrics in classic styles.  I wear a lot of LL Bean and Lands End.  I like clothing that is made well and doesn't look cheap.

I used to spend a small fortune on clothing., but not anymore.  Now I only buy what I need and for very low prices.

Just a few hours ago, I ordered a Primaloft jacket and three sweaters from Lands End.  All were on sale and I got another 30% off on top of that.  I paid less than $90 for everything and got free shipping.  The jacket sells for more than that by itself.  The sweaters were Drifters.  I own quite a few of them, but they must be over 10 years  old by now.

I like to be comfortable and prefer clothing that isn't stuffy looking.  I am not what my husband calls a "high maintenance girI" I can take  a shower, do my hair and get dressed in 20 minutes or less.  It takes my husband longer than that!

@Carmie

Unlike those of us that enjoy disposable pieces that fall apart after a single washing and scream dollar store.....

No one likes clothing that looks cheap, but sometimes clothing looks cheap even if it was expensive.  

Things like stripes or plaid fabrics not properly lining up at the seams.  Collars that won't lay down.  Buttons not placed correctly on a blouse so that there are gaps at the bust line.  These are cheap shortcuts on garments.

They might not fall apart, but they were manufactured cutting costs.  

Honored Contributor

I wear jeans and a top when I'm home and I'm totally comfy!

Honored Contributor

That's because they don't have to wear bras.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

People should wear whatever they want without regard for other people's fashion opinions. Period(Including Whoppie) I am sure she can afford anything she wants and is rightfully comfortable in her own skin. I have asked many men and most of them say they dress for comfort and only have to conform to work. I dont think most men care about what others think and men are less pressured by their peers to dress, look, buy whatever the local style happens to be. The market pressure is women driven really. Men usually dont snicker behind each others back about their clothing taste too. I was made fun of for having only one pair of shoes and only a few clothes........that insensitivity and jab at my poverty wasnt made by any man......unfortunately it was made by women. Yup I am a true tomboy today and a minimalist still (due to having experienced poverty) and wouldnt change that if I were rich...and my dress reflects my vibe to be a non-conformer. I have become mindfully tolerant to those who may "look sloppy" as it is sometimes by choice and that is great.......sometimes is because they are in need as we dont know the circumstances. Do we snear at them? (strangers too?) ...or just be acceptance driven and offer up some of our bounty to those less fortunate? Im sure Whoppie has given alot more to the greater good then most so I rather go by someones  body of works then by the window dressing. Just MHO

Esteemed Contributor

Men not only wear their casual clothes with confidence, but even when they are decked out they move and appear more comfortable than women.  Most of them don't care how others think they look.  Perhaps it is as previously mentioned far too many women worry more about their body image, and this affects how they carry themselves (walk, stand, sit).  Although this angst is invisible, it manifest itself on the woman in a very visible way.