Honored Contributor

Re: Guys always look so comfortable in their clothes.

[ Edited ]

Seriously, when I enter a b&m store, I often walk over to the men's or young men's depts.  I like that menswear look, and often wear that 'preppy' look (vests, button down shirts/blouses, etc.).   I do feel very comfortable in them.  I have a few XXL sizes from the Young men's depts.  I think they run up to a size 18-20. ....Also, love cargo pants there, just for around the house and yard.  .... p.s.  Sometimes I run across very, very nice men's shirts in beautiful colors and subtle prints such as light lavender, even various shades of pink!  The quality seems better, softer cotton, etc.   p.s. The dichotomy (sp?) is that I'm very feminine-looking by nature, and feel as though I'm too girly-girly (wall flower-y) (lol) when I wear overly flowery, feminine fashions.  Plain suits me better, imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

If I could get away that I surely would!

I have a tiny waist and (ahem) hips...

I so want those relaxed in the thigh shorts, that men wear, for women! I have one pair I purchased from Ron Jon years ago and they're still my fave shorts and they look so cute with a fitted tank!

Honored Contributor

Clothing does not have to be too large, sloppy and ugly to be comfortable. One the other side of the coin - I can not possibly imagine that clothing that is so tight it looks like second skin is comfortable at all. There is a middle of the road that is where we should be dressing - the clothing fits and drapes well but is not emphasizing lumps and bumps. There is ease in the clothing for comfort and movement. 

I have never had a job where i had to dress for a business environment and I'm glad. I wore scrubs to work for the last 30 years - they are so comfortable - like wearing pajamas.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

If I was thinking about guys looking comfortable in their clothes, I might actually think of Whoopi, but I try hard not to think of her ever [[[shudder]]].

Even on my most casual days, I try to look feminine and pulled together.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I wore suits most of my working career.  

At home, I don't feel good if I don't look good.  Good enough to go to the door and not be embarrassed.  Also, I can run out of the house and go somewhere without having to get ready.  Nice pants and a nice blouse or t-shirt or sweater should be comfortable enough I think.

So up and at 'em and dressed is best for me!

Respected Contributor

I do not think most guys would wear something, if they did not absolutely have to - if it wasn't comfortable. They are not hung up on what they look like, as a lot of women are. They basically wear what they like in whatever size fits them most of the time. Flat buttocks, beer bellies, or whatever. I definitely think we as women worry way too much about looks compared to men. Maybe a lot of men should care more though ...😉.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always comfortable in my clothing.  I gravitate towards natural fabrics in classic styles.  I wear a lot of LL Bean and Lands End.  I like clothing that is made well and doesn't look cheap.

I used to spend a small fortune on clothing., but not anymore.  Now I only buy what I need and for very low prices.

Just a few hours ago, I ordered a Primaloft jacket and three sweaters from Lands End.  All were on sale and I got another 30% off on top of that.  I paid less than $90 for everything and got free shipping.  The jacket sells for more than that by itself.  The sweaters were Drifters.  I own quite a few of them, but they must be over 10 years  old by now.

I like to be comfortable and prefer clothing that isn't stuffy looking.  I am not what my husband calls a "high maintenance girI" I can take  a shower, do my hair and get dressed in 20 minutes or less.  It takes my husband longer than that!

Honored Contributor

I think it's important to wear clothing that looks and feels comfortable.

Even more important .... to be comfortable in your own skin.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am always comfortable in my clothing.  I gravitate towards natural fabrics in classic styles.  I wear a lot of LL Bean and Lands End.  I like clothing that is made well and doesn't look cheap.

I used to spend a small fortune on clothing., but not anymore.  Now I only buy what I need and for very low prices.

Just a few hours ago, I ordered a Primaloft jacket and three sweaters from Lands End.  All were on sale and I got another 30% off on top of that.  I paid less than $90 for everything and got free shipping.  The jacket sells for more than that by itself.  The sweaters were Drifters.  I own quite a few of them, but they must be over 10 years  old by now.

I like to be comfortable and prefer clothing that isn't stuffy looking.  I am not what my husband calls a "high maintenance girI" I can take  a shower, do my hair and get dressed in 20 minutes or less.  It takes my husband longer than that!

@Carmie

Unlike those of us that enjoy disposable pieces that fall apart after a single washing and scream dollar store.....

Trusted Contributor

Just an additional thought.   We often talk about the way the stylist appear to put the models in clothing that is to tight or they put on additional layers so we can not properly see the garment being sold.  The sales pitch is that we all need one in every color and similar was just seen on Fashion Week.   The next show we watch is leasure wear that is often presented as loose, floaty and comfortable.  More items that we need in every color and similar is now in the current fashion magazines that just hit the stands.   Until we show by our purchases that we are grown ladies who can make purchases that suit our style, size and life they will continue to " guide us for our best interest" and their pocket book.