Valued Contributor

Guilty of getting lured into spending $$$$

I have purchased more than intended over the past several months being stuck home and watching lots of QVC.  I just recently started going back to brick and morter retail stores.  OH MY GOSH, I was shocked to see all the same trending fashions for so much less! Tie-dye tops, shorts and capri's.  Cute summer dresses with floral prints.  Cotton, modal, and all types of light-weight soft summer materials. Most items found at under $20!!!  As I looked through the racks, I shook my head at my foolish impulse buys thinking QVC was the only place to buy stuff.  I got lured.  I admit it. Not only were there all the current trends seen on QVC but guess what??? No shipping charges!  Guess what else?? No return charges!  It was eye-opening to be back out in the world again and compare choices, quality and prices.  I will not allow myself to be so easily sold to again. Sorry, just had to share the disappointment in myself and vent.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Guilty of getting lured into spending $$$$

Super Contributor

Yup...I had to go out to the malls and department stores this past weekend to get a graduation dress, shoes, jewelry, etc for my daughter. We got so much more for less. Sometimes you can find good deals on QVC, but those shipping and return charges kill the deal.

Some brands on QVC I feel are better made fit-wise for me and my apple shape, so I will continue to buy those items, but yeah, I forgot about how many sales and coupons are out there. I wish QVC would offer coupons, at least. HSN does, and while I rarely shop there, I usually do if they send me a coupon!

Respected Contributor

Your malls sound so much better than my mall.  For the stores that we have left, which seems to get less and less, it looks like a garage sale.  Hardly anything to choose from.  I think JCP is taking its last breath.  I walked in, went upstairs then downstairs and didn't see anyone else shopping.  No employees except at the jewlery counter.  All the racks had sale signs on them.  The Disney area near the childrens section, empty.  I can't even shop for my daughter at our mall.  3 of the 4 stores she shopped for clothes closed.  

Honored Contributor

I've been shopping my closet b/c, after all, I haven't worn much of what's in there for over a year. 

Super Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Your malls sound so much better than my mall.  For the stores that we have left, which seems to get less and less, it looks like a garage sale.  Hardly anything to choose from.  I think JCP is taking its last breath.  I walked in, went upstairs then downstairs and didn't see anyone else shopping.  No employees except at the jewlery counter.  All the racks had sale signs on them.  The Disney area near the childrens section, empty.  I can't even shop for my daughter at our mall.  3 of the 4 stores she shopped for clothes closed.  

It was very sad to see so many stores had closed down since the last time I shopped the malls. It's funny you mentioned JCPenney - that's where we found 3 dresses for my daughter after shopping so many other places! Macy's has lost a lot of their inventory. It just makes me sad to see the decline in these stores. Meanwhile, Kohl's is always busy and they are going to have Sephora in their stores by me. Yay!

Respected Contributor

Yes .. i also plan on getting back to the Mall to shop .... primarily

JC Penny and Kohl's .... I have been shopping my closet for

quite some time now ....and was lured by the convenience of

things coming to the house .... but even though I have not had

trouble I am hesitant because of all the shipping ... returns
and credit problems I have read here .....

Honored Contributor

My Macy's & Dillards mall is now HISTORY

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr 

I know the shopping channels are more tempting because you see the items worn but all the b & m retailers have websites, many with free shipping, and quite a few had some pretty outrageous sales!

Once I reconciled my guilty conscience for guys delivering my frivolous purchases I hit up Nordstroms, Amazon, and Ann Taylor for some great deals!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I enjoy browsing, seeing what's out there, and feeling the material. Most dressing rooms are still closed, but no problem with bringing things home, trying on and returning. As you said, 'no return shipping charges', which are ridiculous. Then the wait. During Covid, the process really slowed down, weeks before you get your order. Going to the post office to return. That got old a long time ago. I find there are MUCH better buys in stores such as TJMaxx, Marshalls, Kohls and even Macys with all the discounts. When I do find something nice for a very good price, I feel even better knowing what QVC is getting for similar. I'm friendly with a cashier at TJ Maxx, and I mentioned QVC. She said she stopped watching about 2 years ago, and I said 'good for you'. You do get sucked in, and there's a lot of impulse buying I find. I've been doing tons of donating the past few years. I now make sure if I'm bringing something new in, I have to get rid of something. I'm trying to do that, anyway....