Respected Contributor

Re: Gugu Mbatha-Raw in Sky Theme Gown

I don't know who she is....she is a very beautiful woman.  And I like the style and the top of her dress.  But the skirt reminds me of a Halloween costume I had as a kid.  

Honored Contributor

Her cover for British Vogue

original.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I don't care for this dress.  Looks mis-matched between the top and bottom.  Looks a little girlish and more like she's going to a prom. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

She is a very beautiful woman but what covers Vogue nowadays is not to my liking at all.  Perhaps there needs to be a real fashion magazine to compete with these who are trying too hard to keep their name.

The dress, however, is not at all appealing and I would hope the beauty wearing it would, next time, wear something as lovely as she.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

She looks lovely!  Every time I see her name in print, I wonder how she pronounces her name.  Anyone know?  Is it like Goo Goo or some other way? 

@aubnwa01  Yes, it's pronounced Goo Goo. 

Trusted Contributor

This dress looks like a poorly done fairy princess costume.  Blech.

With that said, she's gorgeous and can pull off anything because you can't keep your eyes off her face. 

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

She looks lovely!  Every time I see her name in print, I wonder how she pronounces her name.  Anyone know?  Is it like Goo Goo or some other way? 

@aubnwa01  Yes, it's pronounced Goo Goo. 

@lmt   Thanks!  I was never sure if it was pronounced that way or maybe like JuJu, or GooJoo & I'd never heard her name said, just read it in print.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01  I was curious to see how she pronounced her name so I Googled it. She did an interview with Gayle King and was introduced as Goo Goo. 

Respected Contributor

Shes beautiful, but I'm not crazy about the dress. I think it looks like she's auditioning for a Disney character role.
Honored Contributor

Starry, starry night.....

Now I can't get the song Vincent out of my head. 🤪