Contributor

Re: Grown men walking around stores in football jerseys

On 2/2/2014 namealreadytaken said:

When I go for my pedicure, I wear socks with sandals in winter and on leaving, I put the (thong) sandals on without the socks. Call me crazy but I am not paying for something that is going to rub off on shoes or socks on my way home. I often wear a pair of raw silk pants, cashmere sweater, a long coat of cashmere and wool with a faux mink collar but I then go home and allow my toes to dry for a period of time before putting on "real" shoes.

This is so me. I finally got tired of my feet freezing. I had this pair of toe socks- given to me as a gag gift. I cut the ends of the toes off. Now when I go for a pedi in the winter I slip these on right before they are ready to polish, then my flip flops and away I go. My feet stay warm and nais dry untouched. They look like fingerless gloves for the feet. I don't care what they look like, my feet are warm and my gag gift ended up being useful... City
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Men wear jerseys all season at my Catholic church. Even the ushers.

That is one place that I do not agree should be so casual. While I no longer think it is necessary for a woman to have to wear dresses and heels, I think shorts and t-shirts are beyond inappropriate. I have seen people at my church dressed like they are going to the beach.

You should have more respect for where you are.

Regular Contributor

Most men love sports....they feel such excitement and pride when ""their"" team makes it to the super bowl....almost like they helped...hahaha.... BUT I think wearing the jersey's (even in public LOL) as an outward display of support and enthusiasm is fine for all men at any age! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Reever said: Not a fan of the trend of men wearing uniforms and jerseys in the shopping malls. I remember the day when men wore suits and hats even to a ball game, Everything is getting very sloppy these days.
Seriously? You mean like 80 years ago?
Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 J Town Girl said:
On 2/2/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Men wear jerseys all season at my Catholic church. Even the ushers.

That is one place that I do not agree should be so casual. While I no longer think it is necessary for a woman to have to wear dresses and heels, I think shorts and t-shirts are beyond inappropriate. I have seen people at my church dressed like they are going to the beach.

You should have more respect for where you are.

One can have respect without wearing a suit, dress, heels, etc.. And if memory serves me correct, didn't Jesus wear a robe?
Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2014 PKB said:
On 2/2/2014 Reever said: Not a fan of the trend of men wearing uniforms and jerseys in the shopping malls. I remember the day when men wore suits and hats even to a ball game, Everything is getting very sloppy these days.
Seriously? You mean like 80 years ago?

I'm having a vision of the Blues Brothers walking into a football stadium in their black suits, hats and sunglasses.

The vision is NOT GOOD. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

Don't get me on the subject of hats, Yikes! Although, I didn't live in the era of Men wearing dress hats, I think they looked ridiculous. Although, not as silly, as women, in those goofy looking, I Love Lucy hats. What were those about? What did you do with your hair, after it has been squished by those hats? My grandma said she refused to wear hats, but, there was a time when was so in the minority. SO glad those days are gone!
Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Reever said: I once saw a woman wear a cap while dining at the Outback Steakhouse, I was mortified that she didn't know better to remove it.
Ettiquette is that MEN remove their hats in side not ladies.
Regular Contributor

I totally love people who display their passion in their clothing. If you feel strong enough to display your love on your person, you are getting something great out of life! At my house, we have entire wardrobes supporting the bands we love. That being said, Logo or Linea type clothing, not for me! That's why there is sooo much to choose from. Thank God, there are enough people competing with me for concert tickets!
Respected Contributor

I live in Buckeye country and wearing team jerseys and hoodies is an every day, every season thing for both men and women, children and adults. I see nothing sloppy about it.