Honored Contributor

Great fashion/ accessory and free shipping deals on HSN this Christmas Eve!

If you spend to $75 you get free shipping on anything you buy all day. I found two cute tops and a pair of pants. HSN really offers great sales and shipping deals I have to say. QVC just can not compete which is sad. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Great fashion/ accessory and free shipping deals on HSN this Christmas Eve!

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaidenFortunately QVCsells things I want to buy

HSN does offer lower prices, but there's just nothing they sell I don't also ignore at stores right around me.  I can't imagine spending even $25 let alone 75.

When QVC starts to sell what HSN does, I will no longer be a buyer here.  It would be like Nordstrom decided to sell what I can buy from Sears at the other end of my favorite mall.

But enjoy yourself -  thousands are buying jewelry today from QVC.

ETA-  And now I just looked at that channel -  absolutely no words for that overpriced $14.95 outfit!  Horrid!  

Respected Contributor

Can some of you ladies share what specific fashion items you really enjoy from HSN?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

Can some of you ladies share what specific fashion items you really enjoy from HSN?

I like some MarlaWynne, her flatterfit pants and some of her tops. I used to be a big Diane Gilman clothes shopper, but stopped buying about 7 or 8 years ago when her tops were too blingy for my taste and I did not care for the jeans fabrics she started using. But recently I purchased a quad blend type of fabric sweater, loved it, and now have about 5 or 6. Also purchased her recent Special Value new fabric jeans and I like them too. Good fit and comfortable material. Once in a while, a Twiggy top. I've been dissapointed with the quality and fit of other fashion brands I have tried from HSN.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SeaMaidenFortunately QVCsells things I want to buy

HSN does offer lower prices, but there's just nothing they sell I don't also ignore at stores right around me.  I can't imagine spending even $25 let alone 75.

When QVC starts to sell what HSN does, I will no longer be a buyer here.  It would be like Nordstrom decided to sell what I can buy from Sears at the other end of my favorite mall.

But enjoy yourself -  thousands are buying jewelry today from QVC.

ETA-  And now I just looked at that channel -  absolutely no words for that overpriced $14.95 outfit!  Horrid!  

I disagree.  In general I think HSN sells better quality lines than they do here.  I cannot think of any line here they'd sell in Nordstrom.  HSN has some better quality shoes.

Unlike here where they sell the same item for years on end, HSN clears out their merchandise every season. 

Honored Contributor

QVC once sold Natori and now HSN sells it.  I like Natori.  I actually buy most Natori at Dillard's but when I see a sale, regardless of location, I like to buy some of the Natori items.  At HSN, I can see them in situ, not just on a hanger but on a body.

I also am very fond of Marla Wynne.  

I know we are talking fashion but I also like Vaneli, Naturalizer, Donald J Pliner,Vince Camuto and Sam Edelman shoes sold by HSN (which I can buy at department stores, Zappos or elsewhere but I look for the best price on the items I like).  

I have purchased a couple Hal Rubenstein items that I like at HSN.  

I have some Diane Gilman pants and a top that I have been pleased with.  

Their Jessica Simpson line for younger people is very much on trend compared to what is sold in the department stores.  

I like the Echo scarves they sell and have bought them there and on the Bay.

I am not sure how one can compare QVC fashion to HSN when that one loathes LDO who is the premiere designer at QVC.  I buy from others but as we all know, LdO, Bob Mackie and Joan Rivers were/are the "real" designers at QVC.

LdO is hands-on and seems to have a muse who is hands-on in helping him to shape, modeling and molding the line he offers that is eternity as his items always work well together regardless of what year they were created or sold.

The others who have a team that design for them pull things out and look at them as if they have never seen them before, which I expect, is the truth.  Although I do believe Susan Graver has a hand in hers, probably because she is a conscienctious female, she is on top of things although I have found her clothing on very rare occasions, to be to my fit and liking.   

I have not been able to purchase any Halston thus far as what I have liked sold out before I purchased, but I am liking the way the spokesman handles himself and the items.  

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see any clothing I had to have, but I did grab a pair of the Sporto suede slippers for $16.95 in grey.  Good price for suede, good quality brand, and great reviews.  Can't go wrong!

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased many items from HSN over the past several years. I think they gear their fashion selections to more youthful trends, no Quacker or Mackie there. I have some wonderful items from Adreinhe Landau, Marla Wynne, Hal Rubenstein, Serena, etc. I understand why they might not appeal to women with more mature tastes, which is why QVC is a often a good choice for them.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

The only item on HSN that I actually purchased was their last Sporto TS.  Got it and love it!  

My problem with HSN is the hosts...can't watch them more than about ten minutes.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have gotten some really nice quality items from HSN.  They have designers who are genuine designers in the real world of retail and it shows.  I don't buy a lot but have gotten some items from G by Guillania this year and last that I love.  Just bought one of her Faux Leather jackets and it is the first Faux leather item I have ever liked.

I do find more boots there (Bearpaw in particular) and those Sporto slippers are great.  Have gifted them and the reciepients have been thrilled.

QVC (other than LDO and an occasional other) to appeal to a very different category of tastes than I have so I don't even check out their fashions and never did.

It's funny how different our tastes can run - I find HSN hosts, by and large but by no means all of them, much easier to watch than QVC hosts.  Even some of the old favs here have just become too hard sell for me. But watching any shopping channel for any length of time holds little interest to me