Contributor

I must be re-living my youth.  Between bomber jackets and HUGE bell bottoms, I'm not sure what year I'm living in with Susan Graver's fashions.  In addition, I notice the price of her fashions have increased so much that she exceeds anything by real designers like Halston and Isaac Mizrahi.  The jeans they sold this morning on her show were so unbecoming on even the beautiful, thin models.   Certainly made all of them look much heavier.  

Esteemed Contributor

I do think the bell bottoms depend upon the wearer...you got to have the right shape...i have actually thought Susan has looked good in the bells (not my style though) but i thought Pat didn't look good in them at all....

Respected Contributor

I cannot wrap my head around jogger pants, unless I am going for a jog or wearing them as pajamas.  I do not find them attractive at all, all that loose fabric puddling around the ankles!  Some trends I cannot follow.  I will wear a boot cut as long as it is not too wide of a bell.  I just  bought jeans and they referred to the  bottom as a barely bell bottom.  They will be good with shooties or ankle boots.  Never wore a bomber jacket and never will.

S.G. prices have gone up considerably but she has her fans and they are still buying regardless.

Trusted Contributor

Bell bottom pants can stay in the memories of my youth before I had hips.   Also these are to far below the waist.  I need more length in the rise for my hour glass shape.   In watching the beautiful shape it is supposed to give our bottom I would be afraid to bend over.  I don't belong to the plumbers or car mechanics profession.  I wear several styles of jeans and they all work great for me.

I purchased a bomber jacket from Louis D earlier this year.  It is in ivory with embroidered flowers at the top.   It also came in black and wish I had gotten that also.  I get many compliments when I wear it.  Lke all his items I have it is easy to care for and I feel great wearing it.

Valued Contributor

I do like the bomber jacket and I noticed  other designers are doing them too. What I also noticed is that her fifty dollars tops are creeping toward sixty dollars now.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised at the cost of the liquid knit top that was made to match the jackets. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rhine wrote:

I must be re-living my youth.  Between bomber jackets and HUGE bell bottoms, I'm not sure what year I'm living in with Susan Graver's fashions.  In addition, I notice the price of her fashions have increased so much that she exceeds anything by real designers like Halston and Isaac Mizrahi.  The jeans they sold this morning on her show were so unbecoming on even the beautiful, thin models.   Certainly made all of them look much heavier.  

I wouldn't purchase the jeans. They would look like something I kept from the 70's. And the bomber jacket? They don't look good on wide hips, cutting with a band right there.

Susan's pants are looking to me like JCPenney's back rack where they would carry hundreds of the same ones: poly w/elastic.

Honored Contributor

Re: Graver Flashback

[ Edited ]

She's every bit as much of a real designer as Isaac.  He's selling on a shopping channel just like SG is, except she's been here longer and sells more than he does.    I don't think Halston designs the clothes for his line.  We've seen his design team on FB, he acknowledges them and gives design credit where it's due.   I think Cameron Silver is like Gili Jill, he inspires and presents.  Also, the brand is called Halston but the presenter is NOT Halston.  Halston is dead.  Bomber jackets are all the rage everywhere but not or me.  I don't care who designs them, I don't like the style.  I liked and waited and waited for SG's flare jeans all summer.  I thought they'd be cute with sandals and white tee.  A retro look.  But winter is coming now, now they just look silly to me.  

Valued Contributor

I don't watch Susan anymore. Her clothing to me is way over priced. JMO!

Valued Contributor

A nice flattering bootcut jean can look nice and much better than the skinny many of us should not wear (but I do anyways!).  However, those bell jeans did not look good on either the hostess or the vendor today. They were not nice to the hip area at all. And both of them have nice "figures" as they say.  And that bomber jacket? When my parents sold their house recently I cleaned out my closets and I threw out a sage green real silk quilted bomber circa 1990-ish. I was in high school when I wore it.  While not quilted, that jacket Monday was a flashback. This shopper is not repeating that look again 20+ years later! Smiley Happy