Respected Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Kachina624 said: I don't know what's so grandmaish about tee shirts and jeans, but I think much of what HSN and Evine sell appear to be very poor quality. HSN seems to sell a lot of hooker wear.

LOL LOL...."hooker wear!" That's so funny, but I agree and have thought it myself. And some of the shoes are hooker shoes too! I'm laughing so much.

Yes, sometimes HSN stuff looks really tacky, but maybe it's for younger people. I did get a bathrobe there I liked. Couldn't go wrong with that (and it's not a "hooker bathrobe" either!!)

But I like QVC too, it's fun to shop and buy a little something from time to time. Adds variety to the wardrobe. I don't think QVC is for old people, but it is disappointing to see Susan Graver's styles designed to hide things, all that chiffon, so much fabric in the back. But I guess people like it. Isaac's stuff isn't for old people, and Denim & Co is just basic casual wear, suitable for any one. And there are a couple other designers who definitely aren't making old lady clothes (names forgotten).

What is old lady wear anyway? Dumpy, shapeless housedresses? Polyester pants and orthopedic shoes? Sometimes old ladies wear their clothes too long, that faded navy blue sweater she's had for 25 years. Sometimes their bodies are tender and they need looser clothes. I'm a senior and know lots of active senior women, and they all dress casually but nicely. Haven't seen a faded housedress yet.

Honored Contributor

I'm a 64 year old grandmother. 20 years ago I bought a lot of clothes from QVC. The styles were classics, the quality was good and the prices were great. Now it's a rare occasion when I purchase clothing from QVC.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Qbee said:

I'm about to turn 68 and not a grandma and I find many of QVC's clothes to be old grandma looking clothing. It reminds me of Alfred Dunner which I laugh at and avoid. Susan Graver, for one, seems determined to make grandmas out of all of us. Those prints OMG..the embellishments, they all scream 80 year old goin' on a cruise to me. I have bought some of her things but they have gone downhill over the years. HSN seems to design for the Hooker. It's hard to find good things on TV shopping channels...it can be done but you have to look.

I have to agree with your take on SG clothing. I don't see anyone wearing those baggy poly tops with loud prints and embellishments. I ordered a few things from HSN in the past, but they were so cheap looking that I will no longer order from them.

Valued Contributor

As a grandma I dress mostly these days in jeans and a t shirt. I can find those on QVC and in good quality. If I want to dress up a bit I buy mostly sold colors in my tops and I like the Whisper Knits. I also buy Susan Graver liquid knit cardigans in solid colors.

With sold color basic shirts I can add cardigans or jackets, scarves, and jewelry. I don't think that is age related style. Qvc has all of those things in abundance. Qvc is not just for us older ladies that's for sure. There is a good selection here for anybody.

Honored Contributor

My daughter in law, 29, LOVES the coats and clothes I give her from Dennis Basso. I don't think a sweater trimmed with a silver tone chain is "old lady at all"! LOL!

The juniors and seniors I taught all wanted my clothes and some of them were Dennis as well. I also wear Jen Rade as does she with White House Black Market.

I do wear Denim and Co capris while she wears shorts!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor
My 23 yr old daughter often buys from QVC. The young models on the shows look good and so does she.
Trusted Contributor

OP, grandma's don't want to wear dowdy, frumpy clothes either. BTW, late thirties isn't exactly "youthful" either.

Edited to add...both my mother and my sister were grandma's at 36 yrs. old. Hmmmm....

Member Since 11/20/2008