Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2015 acbetter said:

I enjoy QVC for the most part. I find myself checking for what I may have missed everyday, but as a young woman (late 30's) it seems that just about all of there clothes AND shoes are targeted for those that are 60+. I loved my grandma, but I don't want to dress like her. This is where HSN out paces QVC. Anyone else feels like QVC's target market isn't them?

Late 30s is approaching middle age. It isn't a "young" woman. Unless you are going to live to be 100 or more. You are also 2/3 of the way to 60 yourself. . .

Honored Contributor

I think there are plenty of cute fashions on QVC but they don't often show those items on air. They show on air what is most likely to sell to those watching and what they know to be tried and true items.

Super Contributor
Yes, QVC targets the older women. Don't know why this is so hard to admit, ladies. Also half of what it sells is plus size so designers are limited in some of the designs you see. Most tops are loose, If I want a waist, I have to wear a belt, for instance.
Occasional Contributor

I'm about to turn 68 and not a grandma and I find many of QVC's clothes to be old grandma looking clothing. It reminds me of Alfred Dunner which I laugh at and avoid. Susan Graver, for one, seems determined to make grandmas out of all of us. Those prints OMG..the embellishments, they all scream 80 year old goin' on a cruise to me. I have bought some of her things but they have gone downhill over the years. HSN seems to design for the Hooker. It's hard to find good things on TV shopping channels...it can be done but you have to look.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Qbee said:

I'm about to turn 68 and not a grandma and I find many of QVC's clothes to be old grandma looking clothing. It reminds me of Alfred Dunner which I laugh at and avoid. Susan Graver, for one, seems determined to make grandmas out of all of us. Those prints OMG..the embellishments, they all scream 80 year old goin' on a cruise to me. I have bought some of her things but they have gone downhill over the years. HSN seems to design for the Hooker. It's hard to find good things on TV shopping channels...it can be done but you have to look.

I agree - many of QVC's clothing lines are matronly and frumpy.

Valued Contributor

Aww, you need to embrace Macklemore & Ryan Lewis & go Pop Some Tags, lol. Your post reminded me of this hilarious song, so I had to go look it up on Youtube. If anyone else does, be warned--it is not for the faint of heart who pass out over a few swear words. Such a funny music video, tho!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

There are so many companies who cater to the younger crowd that it always surprises me that those folks would be on qvc looking for clothes. For me, as with any store or business, I have to pick and choose. I find the older I get (46 now) the pickier and choosier I get when it comes to clothes and what items I am going to allow to take up my closet space.

Valued Contributor

Hmm. I am not 80...yet. My grandchildren don't have any children...yet (I hope {#emotions_dlg.laugh}). From the Q I buy LOGO, LDL, some Isaac, some SG, here and there a d&co piece. Within these brands there are not a lot of "out there" styles however a lot of the time I am more "in fashion" than my DDLs. They are all pushing 50, they all dress professionally and I have a feeling, just a feeling, that they wouldn't be caught dead in most of the LOGO tops I own.

LOL {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

First time poster trying to stir the pot?

People who don't like QVC ""fashions"" shop elsewhere. It's just that simple

Valued Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Qbee said:

Qbee, I agree with your post however I think you are going to hear from some FL channel shoppers who don't. Buckle up! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}