Honored Contributor

QVC targets the people who have the most disposable income.

Honored Contributor

I am 62 and the clothing sold here is way too conservative for my taste. I also know many women in their 30's and 40's who like this style of dress so I don't think it's fair to classify it as grandmother clothing.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 baker said:

QVC targets the people who have the most disposable income.

I think that's a rather obvious target, don't you? Who would you expect a shopping channel to target? You can't sell stuff to people who have no money to buy the stuff.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Pook said:

I am 62 and the clothing sold here is way too conservative for my taste. I also know many women in their 30's and 40's who like this style of dress so I don't think it's fair to classify it as grandmother clothing.

Maybe conservative ... but good basics that can be styled by the wearer to their individual taste. Blank slate clothing.

Honored Contributor
I don't care for too many of the fashions either but mostly because they use too much extra fabric...assuming we all have back fat,exta on the stomach and big thighs and rears.that extra fabric that drapes makes me look old,which by the way I am but still want to look a little more youthful.
Respected Contributor

If I want steak, I am not going to a vegan restaurant looking for one or complain they will not serve me a steak.

It is a lot more productive to find a business that offers what you want or, like Kathleen said, make your own.

Honored Contributor

Lots of youthful styles on QVC, too. I'll have to go over to the other site to see. I like Twiggy fashions. I don't like tight-tight pants, and always order up here at QVC.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
If you don't like what you find on QVC, shop elsewhere. Why make it a point to throw shade on the clothes? Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I am 60 and a grandma, I very seldom buy clothing from QVC (occasionally I buy a pair of shoes).

I am not a fashionista. I consider my clothing an investment. I prefer well made, excellent fitting clothing in natural fabrics .

I consider the clothing sold on QVC to be too disposable for my taste. My clothing lasts for many years and never goes out of style. I buy a few pieces every year to add or replace things I really need.

I used to buy disposable clothing, but learned that I really didn't feel comfortable wearing it anyway.

I am happy that we as women have a choice and we are all unique in our style.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 dex said: I don't care for too many of the fashions either but mostly because they use too much extra fabric...assuming we all have back fat,exta on the stomach and big thighs and rears.that extra fabric that drapes makes me look old,which by the way I am but still want to look a little more youthful.

I'm 72 (and perilously close to 73) I've embraced my age. My style has evolved over the last 60 years - I still dress like "me." I wear some of the same type things I wore during the JFK administration but styled for "today's me."

Not directed at you personally, but there's an expression that comes to mind ... "mutton dressed as lamb."