Honored Contributor

I believe I read somewhere that they will also announce the birth-- not only the labor.  They will not however, be parading the baby around until they are ready.  I did also read that pictures of the baby will be released within a few days.

Trying to locate the source for you.

Honored Contributor

Ok, can't find it.  But it stated that the queen must be the first person notified of the birth and she would most likely post it on Twitter as she did for William and Kate.  This would be followed by the town crier announcement.

Respected Contributor

@hummingbee wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy the info and pictures posted here. Such a nice change from most news.

I thought Prince Charles walking her down the steps was a wonderful moment.

It it is a positive change isn't it @wonderfulworld!  Love your nickname too! It is a wonderful world! Smiley Happy

Thank you...my nickname is from that wonderful Louis Armstrong song.

Esteemed Contributor

TMZ reported she’s having a home birth with a doula & have doctor on standby.  The Quee is miffed because she nixed the hospital where all royals go.  Don’t know if it’s rumor or truth & don’t care.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grandma Doria is here

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

TMZ reported she’s having a home birth with a doula & have doctor on standby.  The Quee is miffed because she nixed the hospital where all royals go.  Don’t know if it’s rumor or truth & don’t care.

@barrel racer 

I know that none of us really know but I believe the portion about the Queen being miffed, being more rumor than fact. The Queen had all four of her children at home, and the tradition of having children in the hospital was started with Diana.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know anything about the Queen being miffed, but she was only 22 when she gave birth to her first child.  Markle is in her late thirties, it's a geriatric first pregnancy and having a home birth may have been discouraged by medical professionals.