Respected Contributor

Re: Grammy Awards Tonight

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom  I agree with you about Molly Cyrus . She is talented but put a shirt on now and then . I guess we can all be happy Dolly didn't wear Molly's outfit though . Talk about possible 'wardrobe malfunctions ' ! Smiley Happy

edit = oops! Miley

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Anyone who says JLo can't sing needs to watch her performance last night.

That was really great.

I'm looking forward to the Aretha special and the Motown special.

I'm pretty sure she was lip syncing. She's a great dancer, but she's not a great singer. I would've preferred someone else do the Motown tribute, but overall the show was really good.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Yes, she was lip syncing (not very good at the syncing part) but it's her voice and it still sounds very good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee I really liked the Masseduction song too. Also enjoyed Brandi Carlisle. This year Grammys was so entertaining.
Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

I think Miley is wearing one of Dolly's costumes.She was on the Red Carpet show and she mentioned she was wearing it for Jolene. I guess there is a museum in LA and Dolly allowed her to wear it for the duet.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

Carlisle was excellent! She had a standing ovation after that one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Grammy Awards Tonight

[ Edited ]

What I heard Miley say on the red carpet was that she was high bidder on one of Dolly's outfits. The outfit that Dolly was originally donating was available, but Dolly said that since it was Miley and such a high bid, that Miley could come and get anything she wanted out of her closet.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I'm in the minority here but I think it was awful!  I used to really enjoy the Grammy's but that is when people could really sing and you could understand what they were saying. Today it is either bleeped, screamed, rap that to me is not music, just talking, and women who fight for being respected but come out half naked and dancing provacativly.  Sorry, it was horrible and I am not surprised viewership was down - a lot!

Respected Contributor

njgirl:"I'm in the minority here but I think it was awful"!

I agree & made my comment in the TV and Movies forum.