Honored Contributor

Gothic Inspired Knits

[ Edited ]

The latest issue of Interweave Knits is featuring Gothic-inspired knits.  Usually, what shows up in the knitting and crochet world is about a year ahead of the mass market. 

I'm looking forward to some interesting new knitwear!

To quote:

Fill your winter with the Gothic-inspired knits of Interweave Knits Winter 2021. This issue uses Gothic literature and architecture as inspiration for opulent shawls, mitts, sweaters, and more. Read about the origins of the term Gothic, how to control ladders when working cables, and learn how one designer found her inspiration. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA.  Do you have a picture?  I can't imagine what you're talking about.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

As an aging goth girl, I love these! 

Valued Contributor

Love all of it!

Frequent Contributor

Love the shawls!

Respected Contributor

They're all wonderful (particularly #1 and #3), but #2 in that yellow ochre color would make my hips look otherworldly awful.  

Valued Contributor

OMG I love 1 and 2. I cant imagine what they will come out with in this particular style. I lovoooovvve that look in those weaves. Very classy

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The latest issue of Interweave Knits is featuring Gothic-inspired knits.  Usually, what shows up in the knitting and crochet world is about a year ahead of the mass market. 

I'm looking forward to some interesting new knitwear!

To quote:

Fill your winter with the Gothic-inspired knits of Interweave Knits Winter 2021. This issue uses Gothic literature and architecture as inspiration for opulent shawls, mitts, sweaters, and more. Read about the origins of the term Gothic, how to control ladders when working cables, and learn how one designer found her inspiration. 

have you made anything from Interweave? 

I just got annoyed with patterns and the fit, the last sweater just didn't work and it pis**** me off big time 

and I am an experienced knitter 

Honored Contributor

I think these look more like Celtic knits.

I still do not understand the term"Gothic" inspired knits. Do not look very Jane Eyre to me.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.