Super Contributor

Got my hair high-lighted yesterday.

It's been over a year since I got my hair colored. I had almost no blond left at all, just on the ends. I went to a lady I never went to before. It only took her 2 hours to do my entire head of long hair! I'm so used to sitting for around 5 or 6 hours at the beauty school. The only thing was that she charged me $100.00!!! I only ever paid $25.00 at the school. I will say, my hair looks really good! My BF loves it!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my hair high-lighted yesterday.

That's cheap for 1 color and long hair.

I get 2 colors/partial/long hair and it's $175.

I added glossing for a wedding event and the bill was $250. I did look good, tho 😁

Esteemed Contributor

Feels good - doesn't it.?   Got mine done last week - $ wise - I always give my hairdresser (of 10 years) $20 tip no matter what I'm getting.  So my hi-lites = $111.00

She gives the greatest cut for short hair and on my way in an hour.

Trusted Contributor

Speaking for myself I would be willing to pay almost anything for a salon visit after this blasted lock down. Hopefully Friday. My Esthetician is getting a very nice tip. Heart

Missed her so much.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

I got mine done last week @Tangocash so I know that wonderful feeling.  I normally go every 6 weeks and color & cut is $100, worth every penny.  Every so ofen she adds highlights and doesn't charge anymore.  Love my stylist.

Honored Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

It's been over a year since I got my hair colored. I had almost no blond left at all, just on the ends. I went to a lady I never went to before. It only took her 2 hours to do my entire head of long hair! I'm so used to sitting for around 5 or 6 hours at the beauty school. The only thing was that she charged me $100.00!!! I only ever paid $25.00 at the school. I will say, my hair looks really good! My BF loves it!

@Tangocash The going charge here for two colors foiled is $140.00 plus tip.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

$100 is actually very inexpensive for highlighting hair! I have spent as much as $230.

In addition to that $100, you then need to give your stylist a $20 tip (minimum) and at least $5-7 for the person washing your hair. 

Super Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

$100 is actually very inexpensive for highlighting hair! I have spent as much as $230.

In addition to that $100, you then need to give your stylist a $20 tip (minimum) and at least $5-7 for the person washing your hair. 

As I said, I've been going to the local beauty school, Euphoria, since 2004. It takes them a very long time to put all the foils in, and they go through 4 to 5 bowls of bleach. By the time they get done with the last foil, the first few are ready to come out, and my hair takes a long time to turn white. I get a senior discount, so it usually costs about $25.00. Now, since I had my hair done by the school, a year ago, I gave up my car, and the school is over 30 miles from my house. So my dilemma was... figure out how to get to the school, Uber, Lyft, or what, and pay $25.00. Or, pay $100.00 and go about 1 mile, and have it take a few hours. I chose the easier, and faster way. Before this, I had never paid so much, ever, to get my hair done. It's over now, and I'm happy.

Trusted Contributor

That's cheap. My highlights and haircut cost $150.00. 

Honored Contributor

@Tangocash  Women pay almost double for highlights at a salon.  If she did a really good job you should go back to her.  Enjoy your new "Do."

kindness is strength